SRT Kit Demo TreeHouse TreeStuff Circulator

The stuff is in PA now with Mike, he's probably having fun! I did!
The haas is wonderful, a definite buy once work picks up. I'm still a big rope wrench fan over the hitch hiker... My only gripe with the hh being that slack tending has a lot to be desired in stock form. It was fun to use though and certainly a great, simple tool! I do like the drt/srt multi-use aspect for sure. I'm not really a gear fiddler anymore... I like simple and efficient, without friggin' around.

A fixed side plate pulley on the bottom of the HH biner makes slack tending really nice. But it makes clipping in and out a bit fiddly.

That's where I added a bent gate biner...it sits at just the right height when you pull up on the rope to increase the bend radius and make slack tending from the bottom way easier. Simple to clip in and out too.

I tried using a revolver biner for slack tending as well, but it never seemed to help much. If you get a chance, please take a picture how you've set yours up Fiona.

My only gripe with the hh being that slack tending has a lot to be desired in stock form. .

I thought the same thing the first day I used it. It took me a few times before I got it dialed in and after that it tended like a champ.

OK...soon,

Edit, actually if you go to the RW HH thread, I posted a picture of my knee ascender. You can see the bent gate clipped to the biner on the HH on my bridge, all I do is clip my rope into it, and when I pull up, it works.

I thought the same thing the first day I used it. It took me a few times before I got it dialed in and after that it tended like a champ.

yep. You can tape/ sharpie your hitch cord tail in order to know the sweet spot for the rope in the even you remove and replace the HH. I measured for my HTP for 7 wraps and an index finger long worth of tail. I will have to look at my PI currently set-up, measure my tail, then I'll know.

Bermy, does the bent gate nature of the biner help in some way as compared to a straight gate biner, or just coincidental?

Just coincidental, it's what I had spare on my harness when the lightbulb began to glow dimly.

:thumbup::D

Who's after Gary??? :?

Who's Gary???

Is it coming to me? Or another Gary? I am slammed with work and projects right now and a funeral this weekend and a friend coming in for the funeral on Thursday, blah, blah.

If I am THE Gary it will probably be next week before I can even think about trying to figure out how to SRT.:(

But I sure do need to know how to SRT...getting tired of some of my longish DRT's.

You won't look back when it comes to longer ascents, I laugh now at how easy it is, especially when I remember how skeptical I was!

Nick you can take me off the list. I am happy with my setup and don't won't to be tempted to buy more gear. :)

Damn, I didn't really read this before. Whatta set-up to try out.

FWIW, after spotting a big cracked branch after heading down, I used my home made version of the haas and pantin and did about 40 feet in about 35 seconds, no climbing saw, as I was using it to weight the rope. About 50 bucks for the floating ascender set-up. Pantin and HH, of course, full price.

HH, as I've always said, is wicked. Rope walkers are the way to go. BTW, I don't feel like I'm leaning back with this set-up, where I have to hold on with my hands too much, or using my arms for propulsion, just using them to hold me plumb while using leg propulsion.

Damn, I didn't really read this before. Whatta set-up to try out.

FWIW, after spotting a big cracked branch after heading down, I used my home made version of the haas and pantin and did about 40 feet in about 35 seconds, no climbing saw, as I was using it to weight the rope. About 50 bucks for the floating ascender set-up. Pantin and HH, of course, full price.

HH, as I've always said, is wicked. Rope walkers are the way to go. BTW, I don't feel like I'm leaning back with this set-up, where I have to hold on with my hands too much, or using my arms for propulsion, just using them to hold me plumb while using leg propulsion.

Ayuh..... :thumbup::D

The super packed box arrived on schedule yesterday...LOTS of goodies in there that I'm gonna have to cipher out...hope I can get to it next week.

Back