Spurs, Saddle, Flipline for sale!

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 43
  • Views 6K
F

fishhuntcutwood

Like I said with the Arborwear hat, I'm cleaning out my gear room. I'm transferring this summer, and my climbing partner isn't, so I'll be sans partner, and he's the climber between us anyway. I'm a timber faller. (None of my saws are for sale!) I haven't climbed in over a year.

So here it is. This stuff has been up a tree but a handfull of times.

Buckingham steel climbers with regular pads- $125

Weaver Floating D Saddle, size Large- $75

Bailey's 8' wire flipline (It's even newer than the saddle and spurs. It's been used maybe four times.)- $75

Will sell seperately, or all together for $225.

All prices plus shipping; $25 for all of it, $15 for the spurs or saddle, and $10 for the flipline.

(I'm guessing on shipping, but it cost me $7 to ship a T shirt the other day via USPS!)

I'll consider good offers from the 'Housers. I think I've got good prices up, as I went about 50% off of retail, as this stuff is nearly brand new.

It'll be here for a week or two, then off to Ebay.

Attachments

• P3010075.JPG
    P3010075.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 152
  • P3010076.JPG
    P3010076.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 154
  • P3010071.JPG
    P3010071.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 150
  • P3010072.JPG
    P3010072.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 148
  • P3010073.JPG
    P3010073.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 146
  • P3010074.JPG
    P3010074.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 144
Those look like a real good deal Jeff. I just picked up a second set of spurs otherwise I'd be interested.

I'd love to have the spurs, just not right now!! Go figure!! In another week or two, I may jump on them if they haven't sold yet!!

Good luck with it Jeff!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd love to have the spurs, just not right now!! Go figure!! In another week or two, I may jump on them if they haven't sold yet!!

Good luck with it Jeff!

For you Andy, I'll check in with you before I toss them on Ebay. I can wait two weeks fer ya. ;)

I'd rather see the whole package go to somebody who can use it, but if you don't get any other offers then I'll take the flipline. If only because I've never owned a steel core flipline or a Gibbs style microscender. I probably won't use it much but it would be interesting to have one just for gits and shiggles.

And again, I'll take it only if nobody else here is interested. :)

One other observation, those style shin pads are really quite comfortable. Much better than the leather pads, because the shin cups conform to the front of your leg and don't squeeze your calfs.

Those look like a real good deal Jeff. I just picked up a second set of spurs otherwise I'd be interested.

Maybe I shouldda asked more for it! :/:

Awright Brian, you're the first one I'll PM on the flipline if no one buys before I go to Fleabay

BTW, all funds go directly to Fishhuntcutwood's fishing fund.

Thanks guys. I needed another set of spurs, the saddle is the right size, and I already use the wire-core flipline ascender combo. PM me your address Jeff and I will mail you a check, OK?

Dang, that went fast! I'm glad it stays in the TH too.

Does this mean that I'm not crazy?:D I didn't want to be too grabby but this is just what I've been needing. I'm doing a small city contract now and I'm supposed to have a set of "rescue" climbing gear on-site. They haven't checked anything and they probably would never check but now I'll have it if they do. Plus I ran over my spurs with the truck a while back and I think I may have tweaked them slightly, I think I can feel something wrong down there but I can't see anything wrong. Probably all in my head. I just need to get another rope now and I'll be all set. Thanks Jeff.

Good idea, Steve. I remember when I worked at the city of Winter Park and we had the bags of 'emergency' climbing gear on every truck. A big waste of money IMO since most of the guys weren't capable of using the gear anyways. But it was taxpayer money so it's not like there was any accountability for the expendiatures. :roll:

Rather than a high-dollar gear bag, you can probably be well served to pick up a cheap gym bag at Wal Mart for $10-$15 for holding your emergency gear.

If someone doesn't buy the whole set for that price they would be crazy.

I thought it was a good price. I didn't check ebay to see what the going rate is, but thought 25% off for being bought second hand, and then another 25% for not being brand new.

I probably could've gotten $300 on ebay, but nah, I'm glad it went in the TH and only took an hour to sell! ;)

I would say a deal done good Jeff. I always say if you want to get rid of stuff make it attractively priced if ya want to hassle and wait yah you could get a little more. I often am accused of 'giving' things away no I just want the stuff actually sold, no hassles.

Good on you guys.

Back