• Thread starter ReclaimedTrees
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 8K
R

ReclaimedTrees

Gonna try not to kill myself . . .

IMG00509.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

With just the gear you show there is no safe way to go above the first limb you encounter off the main trunk.

A rope would solve that.

That stuff was purchased as a kit?

What kind of climbing kit doesnt come with a rope? WTF is up with that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, the climbing book with everything else I'll need is also part of the kit, but not pictured. Luckily I have lots of rope from sailing and rappelling to get me started.

You need an arborist grade rope.

Seriously though, you bought a "climbing kit" that didnt include a rope? Im not trying to get on you about it, Im just curious what vendor would design a kit that didnt include a rope.

Wow, I don't even want to think about how many bucks are hanging off me when I climb, and I only carry the essentials. $450 bucks seem a bit steep for what ya got there!

Be careful Tim, don't want to end the other career yet do ya?

Quite possible I am the fool, my Unicender cost that much!:|:

I'd give rope climbing a start before spur climbing. Spurs, without the right pads and boots, can be a little painful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need an arborist grade rope. Seriously though, you bought a "climbing kit" that didnt include a rope? Im not trying to get on you about it, Im just curious what vendor would design a kit that didnt include a rope.
Wow, I don't even want to think about how many bucks are hanging off me when I climb, and I only carry the essentials. $450 bucks seem a bit steep for what ya got there! Be careful Tim, don't want to end the other career yet do ya?

Not ending the other career at all . . . climbing will be just for fun and pruning my own trees, where should I buy my climbing rope?

I'd give rope climbing a start before spur climbing. Spurs, without the right pads and boots, can be a little painful.
I agree. Plus with the spurs, your going to damage the trees that you practice on.

I wanted to give spur climbing a shot while I have the trees to practice on. I'm scheduled to have 8 oaks dropped in my yard, so I'll only be damaging trees that are coming down.

Back