Sprayer/Liquid Fert. Rig

Brendon, you've made other posts that suggest you're trying to diversify & expand your biz, which is smart. If you're going to get serious about investing in the PHC side of things as a money maker, be prepared for it to take a long time to establish accounts.
You might consider starting low & slow. See if it works out for you & decide from there if it's worth continuing.
One idea might be to just get a little 2 gal. unit & offer a service of spraying Round-Up for your customers (driveways, planting beds, parking areas, etc.). I charge an average of $30 for this. It's a quick money maker & opens the door for more PHC queries.
A really organised person would set those particular profits aside for investing in more spray equip. & supplies, which I have not done.
PHC is a different creature. Having / being a knowledgeable salesperson is a must.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I did some quick math today. It looks like building it myself, without counting the frame and time, I would be $500 away from just buying an already built small unit.

Of course this is all brand new stuff, because I don't often see these parts separated around here.

A friend of mine priced out a unit similar to what I want to build for 3k. I'll probably wait till the end of the season, or maybe next spring.

If I get that job I spoke of in another thread, I can pay off my mini skid steer and that would leave more $ for a rig.

Decisions decisions.

i like the look of that setup, are you happy with it? do you only spray with it ? how do you clean the tank between products?

i like the look of that setup, are you happy with it? do you only spray with it ? how do you clean the tank between products?

Spray [foliar fert, no weed killer or pesticide] and deep root fert, i'm very happy with the set-up, I clean the tank with a pressure washer and flush the hoses, I like the pump and the engine, no problems so far, I use a Sherril fert needle...

Back