Spiderjack on SRT with Rope Wrench or HH, would it work?

treewhisperer

TreeHouser
I have been using hitchclimber pulley, rapide with 8mm beeline, pirate and dmmO biners on new england tachyon 11.5mm DdRT. I like it but I am very interested in the Spiderjack 2.1 Dyneema, looks sweet and I really love workin my DdRT. So sweet that i am now selling the A.R.T. gear on my website to provide Canadian Arborists, Tree Companies and Rec Climbing an option in Canada. That said, with the industry moving towards SRT,, especially with RW and/or HH, i will be making the move to SRT as well, at the very least for access and switching over to DdRT. Has anyone tried using a SJ with RW? Or is there another way to use SJ on SRT. Would it make sense to try SJ with tender? My concern of course is that the SJ would have considerable sitback. Just wondering if there is a way to incorporate the SJ with something else on SRT. I have searched youtube and google to see if anyone has attempted orr tested the idea.

You can check with moss about SJ2+wrench. He tried my SJ2 with a wrench and it didn't go well.

I think there's been some lockjack+wrench attempts by ropeshield or rfwoodvt. Maybe they'll chime in.

Back