Somebody please make a How to Post Pics and Videos video...

SouthSoundTree-

TreeHouser
The TreeHouse would be so much cooler if it had more pictures.

It would be great if someone with some video editing skills would post a How To on Pictures, Videos, gifs, images.

Anyone?

Geez, I was hoping someone with better asplaining skills would pipe up.

Posting pics is nuttin to it. Scroll down on the editor page until you see the attachment button and click it. A window will pop up in the upper left hand corner. Click the 'choose file' button and click on it. Doing that will open whatever files you have. Choose a pic and click 'upload' and boom - you're done. Repeat until you've finished uploading all the pics you want.

Do you know how 'tags' work?

Yea, I agree. I'd have to redo the forum to make that happen.

I have no problem posting multiple pics.

I've been thinking it would be nice if we could have some interaction with the picture on the front page, or home page or whatever. On most climbing (rock/ice/whatever) websites you can click on the pic on the main page and then people can post comments, and the picture owner usually has a description.

I got all kinds of ideas. They're just usually shitty ideas. This may be one that falls into that category too.

Maybe? I'm not really sure. I clicked on that highlighted word and it seemed to just be a screen shot. Is there a way to click on the main photos and see who it's from and leave comments too?

Sorry if this has been addressed before

The editor page is the page you type your post on.

It's at the bottom of every page, the quick reply box.

I prefer clicking "go advanced" and another bigger window opens. I suggest you do likewise.

Have at it! It's not as difficult as it looks.

Wrong tags for an image. The correct ones are...

url

attachment.php

If you quote this post, you will be able to see the tags and the image address.

You right click on the image and save it THEN paste it between the tags.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch, I hear again and again that there are posting complexities that are beyond people. They don't pick up on the written instructions and run with it to learn to post ________.

I can post pics/ images, embed videos, etc.

So much can be summed up with a simple picture. So many posts could use the "this thread is useless without pictures".

It would be great to grease the wheels for people to post more pictures, and videos. As an aside, one great thing about people's videos is getting to put a voice with the face. Otherwise, everyone sounds like Times New Roman, if you get my drift.

I hear ya Sean. Bottom line is, people want easy, copy and paste. Most wont jump through the hoops although for some it is easy.

If you quote this post, you will be able to see the tags and the image address.

You right click on the image and save it THEN paste it between the tags.

MB i was trying to do the thing where the word 'wolf' would be highlighted in green and then clicking on it would show the picture....:?

Wolf.

I use the Insert Link icon, next to the envelope/email icon. Type the word, highlight it then click on Insert Link and paste the address in the box. Make sure you delete the http in the box first.

Never done it with a picture before, just links but seems to work ok.

Back