GoPro tips and settings for climbers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah for sure. Yesterday wasn’t a good day for anyone but I bore most of the physical abuse but was so stressed that I had to just keep my mouth shut and do my work. I am thinking about starting to set up a haul back line. Taking an extra rigging line on a pulley up high and tying the two ends together in a loop so they are always able to tie on and send something up to me

I often take my pinto on a loopie on my saddle as it's light and easily moved about. Past, a loop runner with a small CMI.
If I feel the need, I'll set a haul line for the grounds man to haul a saw or too many loopies for speedlining up to me.
Leaned that the first time my biceps started spasming from a 200T haul back at 150 feet. Third tank of fuel etc. Anyway. Make the guys earn thier keep. If you give out, all get to go home and then come back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m going to be splicing an old mini block up with a ring on the other side so I can make a retrievable rigging point to set a haul back line and have the rope tied into a loop. I’m about to be firing one of my guys next week and take this crew to the next level with training and technique so I want to use that to teach them how to set retrievable rigging points so they can start doing that type of stuff while I focus on the climb and logistics

Back