So Who All Has This Poster?

That would ROCK! But I'm stoked I'm finally getting one at all so I won't be greedy.

I got one at the TCIA expo. A lot of are friends look at it. Its funny because most of them could give a shit about tree work but will stand in front of that poster for an hour. Or if someone comes that has not seen it they will be like you got to see this. The best part is when you listen to them tell the story and then hear them say "You see that thing on his foot thats a cast. He spiked up that tree with a broken foot and 7 foot bar on that saw. Now thats when men were men". My son who is four looks at that and fundamentals of tree work(the pics of course) and say thats Jerry Beranek but I just call him
G. :D

i've had and given away several. Many times when i thought i was gettin'good; i'd go look at the poster, hang my head low and just do the best i could..

Came time, i wuz training another, they thought they were getting good; they'd find themselves planted in front of the poster-with the same humbling effect. It also maid it to my new work[lace for a month (before i was moved to a different desk) and hung at school for a while,a nd even donated one to a local saw shop where it still stands screaching out in mute testiminy to the legend with the foot in a cast.

That is one awesome poster, I find myself checking it out almost everyday. It has to be the first thing everyone brings up when they come to the house.
Cheers Sep

Hey All...I got , it sun-faded , corners torn...I am pretty sure I got it abou ten years ago now ....many hours of admiration and explanation ...my first phone conversation with G.F.B. , he was kind enoough to answer all my questions about that job....I remember having the flu lying side down on my couch and noticing the rip cut to fall away the co-dominant stem....I just love the details...

I'm going to ask this question, because I can't remember If i actually asked about this before. The chain and binder above the cut was for what?

I would like a poster as well.

To prevent the stem from splitting and barberchairing halfway through the cut. There's another chain and binder below the cut as well.

That was what I was thinking. I sees the one below now, Was overlooking it thinking it was just the saw lanyard tie.

That poster still amazes me when I see it everytime. What kind of flex did the stem have when that top started going?

I've seen that poster and the one with all the climbers in the redwood at a local shop here...Had no idea it was Jerry...that's "legendjerry"

Amazing all the tech. knowledge involved in that kind of work...Way more bada#s than any sport I can think of.

Kind of like me sayin' to Barry Bonds, "yeah I play baseball"...

That is a great poster! I have it rolled up in a triangular box as the cabin I currently reside in is just framing and no flat places on the wall.

Charley P. was nice enough to send me one he signed, a real nice fella.

jp:D

I've got the picture ,it's in the big book .

I've chained a few trees before using chain and binders .I've only had one tree barber chair on me and that was maybe 30-35 years ago . Scared hell out me ,let me tell you .:\: That little incident made a believer out of me .

I've had that poster for quite a while....rolled up in the mailing tube.
Need to get off my azz, frame it and hang it in the shop!

Got to use Redwood for the frame too! :)

Ed

Got it Jerry! Thanks a million, It'll be getting framed and put on the wall.

Thanks again. It's awesome and an honor.

Got it Jerry! Thanks a million, It'll be getting framed and put on the wall.

Thanks again. It's awesome and an honor.

What Jeff said, times 10!!!!! A true honor indeed!!
It is worthy of an incredible frame!!

UNFREAKING REAL to see it up close, and I am sure the pictures don't do that justice!!

Thank you again, a true gentelman indeed!!
(Ok, I'm done sucking up now)

Back