"so....hows bizness"

Here's what kills me... I am playing with the numbers... And of course the only reason I am busy in the least is that we do fire clearance which includes weed eating mandated by the state..
Numbers show almost 14,000.00 thus far in 2 months... I have almost $2000.00 above that in receivables... Not counting tree work and clearing thus far this summer... And I still have 2 months of this shat. We get the same 150 clients each year (summer). It always leads to tree work and referrals.. Some may look down on this shat but I am starting to seriously thinking we have a good business plan. Never gonna get rich by it... But I am working and paying my bills in between tree jobs.
Now don't get me wrong.. I am pushing tree work and getting more every year.. Tell me I am crazy.... I hate this shat but it is paying for equipment, taxes, food and bills... WTH?

The company I'm working with now wants all their foreman to be able to climb (get their Tree Worker cert), use the aerial lift and drive the trucks (which means they have to have a CDL). That is to make foreman pay which is 18.00/hr.

I climb all day long but I've told them I'm not interested in getting a CDL. Too much responsibility to drive their equipment.

jp:D

depends on if its new equip or old crap

i' have my cdl...and it was worth getting
ive driven brand new rigs at bartlett to old azz junk at mom and pop shops

whats the big responsibility you drive right.. why not a truck...its their stuff, their bills, and they pretty much cant do chit if ya mess something up, unless you were breaking the law

i pay between 18 and 21 per hour or 400 a day contract climb with paper

and still cant find anyone worth a crud

and the cdl drivers only want to drive, they dont want to bend down and pick up brush

get the cdl and cert tree worker or arb, it pays more, thats all it is more $

Yeah, I hear what you're saying Dave. Something about driving other people's rigs I've never felt comfortable with. If it were mine and I owned the equipment, I have no problem with it.

I use all of my own gear; ropes, saddles, hard hats, ppe etc. I even feel weird using their chainsaws and rigging gear but that's just been my style.

jp:D

jp,
See what I posted today about pay in your contract climbing thread.

I personally know 2 climbers working for 2 tree companies making over $30 an hour with WC and medical coverage. To get that kind of pay you need to be good at not only real trees, but be fast in trimming cocos. I am sure you are already good in a real tree, how are you on cocos? If you are fast on those, there is no reason you should not be making $30 an hour or close to it.

Here's what kills me... I am playing with the numbers... And of course the only reason I am busy in the least is that we do fire clearance which includes weed eating mandated by the state..
Numbers show almost 14,000.00 thus far in 2 months... I have almost $2000.00 above that in receivables... Not counting tree work and clearing thus far this summer... And I still have 2 months of this shat. We get the same 150 clients each year (summer). It always leads to tree work and referrals.. Some may look down on this shat but I am starting to seriously thinking we have a good business plan. Never gonna get rich by it... But I am working and paying my bills in between tree jobs.
Now don't get me wrong.. I am pushing tree work and getting more every year.. Tell me I am crazy.... I hate this shat but it is paying for equipment, taxes, food and bills... WTH?

Well what is your pure take home profit on the 14,000.00
Id say look at that first .
To me gross meens nothing its take home baby.
There is a guy round here , says hes spending 5300.00 a week on advertising .
Hes on TV and he does have plenty work , i just wonder how much of his gross income , hes keeping.

Working on that part of it.. Why I made mention of really not knowing the complete picture until end of summer. Then I have to factor in how much tree work or clearing work it got me.
The maintenance and supply numbers are what I need. And things break when you work them this hard period.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well what is your pure take home profit on the 14,000.00
Id say look at that first .
To me gross meens nothing its take home baby.
There is a guy round here , says hes spending 5300.00 a week on advertising .
Hes on TV and he does have plenty work , i just wonder how much of his gross income , hes keeping.

22k a month!!:\:

I've been busy 4-5 days a week for the last few, which is tiring, but awesome! However, I wish I knew whether or not it would last, so I could get a good climber in to work for me. I've had a few people ask and a buddy from Charlotte, but I don't want to put them in a bad situation if and when work dies off.

As far as profit... none yet other than what I've been paying myself hourly because I've been taking all the profit and reinvesting it in the business.

...It's working well so far...

Huge amount in accounts receivable, but it seems people are slow to pay this year.

Other than that, we're going good. Working 5 days a week, sometimes more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been busy 4-5 days a week for the last few, which is tiring, but awesome! However, I wish I knew whether or not it would last, so I could get a good climber in to work for me. I've had a few people ask and a buddy from Charlotte, but I don't want to put them in a bad situation if and when work dies off.

As far as profit... none yet other than what I've been paying myself hourly because I've been taking all the profit and reinvesting it in the business.

...It's working well so far...

Leaving Heartwood would be stoopid:what:

I am still hovering at about two weeks out on booking. I have my first multi day job in a while coming up next week.

Heart wood ?
Some giant tree service?
Wagnaw , i want my cupon , where is my feckin cupon.
I cannot retrieve it off your site.
Do you do free estimates .
I want my FREE estimate NOW.

Heartwood is a big tree service in Charlotte. First accredited service in NC, well run operation, good guys, good management, good work, good benefits, and they're into the climbing competitions.

Ran into one of the tree guys in town that I refer work to all the time. They were booked out like crazy and then it just stopped. Calls for bids... Call back.. no return call. Just all of a sudden.. I have had a couple hand fulls of those but just figured it was because I was booked and they had to look elsewhere. So I told him I would refer more calls to him as of today.

Back