"so....hows bizness"

I am down 12.5 % from last year thus far on my projected estimates this year. I have raised my prices.. I am not running large crews. My tree work is on the increase though so my numbers could change in fall when I start the jobs. I am also booked for next summer...May through July and possibly August as well.. I won't know until summer is over.

Last year during the year my residential started falling off but my apartment management company kept me going. Now whenever I talk to that guy he says that they are doing a bunch of ADA modifications and compliance stuff and he needs to get that money spent. I haven't done anything for the apartment guys since Jan.

I'm down past 50%. This summer is not picking up as I had hoped. Does not make the coming winter seem fun.

in the last 2 weeks i did a lot of bids,
all of a sudden im booked thru the 2nd week of july

im bidding for what a days really worth , i cant be cheap anymore

stockpiling firewood to sell in winter
trading jobs for equipment or anything of value...

got a newly used (1 time troy built) tiller for 150 bucks off a job the other day
and am almost done trading for the 580 back hoe
( i might be trading some climbing to a developer to use his tow behind grinder)
ahh so it is another day in poor old humboldt

willie i thought ya meant your friend oughta move here for work not hang out ...my bad
people actually try to pay that way also.....crazy here sometimes i tell ya

I just sold a $2200 trimming job for a massive old live oak and 3 other oaks. They don't need much, about a day to trim and there might be an hour's worth of chipping on the whole job. The customer is a wealthy gay lawyer who loves his trees and dislikes big tree company salesmen so I didn't think it was so bad to round up a little.

I got a bid I did for our local school district. First work/bid for them. I've got a few other big bids out there, but the phone is sure silent.

Looked at a dead pine yesterday in Sleepy Hollow.

Tons of understory, tiny DZ, Too far for a crane.
I could climb it no problem, though dealing with the wood and the blah blah blah.

What ever happened to my little 700 dollar prune jobs?

I still so busy I'm slipping on jobs and it's killing me. Between hauling kids around and working I don't have time to chase wimmins or post on the forums.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still so busy I'm slipping on jobs and it's killing me. Between hauling kids around and working I don't have time to chase wimmins or post on the forums.

word

If there is that much work, can I come set up shop down there?

You want a climber to drive your chipper truck? :what:

The company I'm working with now wants all their foreman to be able to climb (get their Tree Worker cert), use the aerial lift and drive the trucks (which means they have to have a CDL). That is to make foreman pay which is 18.00/hr.

I climb all day long but I've told them I'm not interested in getting a CDL. Too much responsibility to drive their equipment.

jp:D

Back