"so....hows bizness"

Goes to show, you shoulda come down to leggett...

why so he could have people try to pay with ganja?

work still coming in spurts...the big jobs are being bid by everyone, and im apparently mid road on some of my prices

lately i only low ball a few, and then stupid chit happens like the axe in the chipper...that was a lowball job that i was taking all the logs as part of the $

just barely getting out of the red ink, but i bought groceries this week so to heck with it

i am getting all kinds of attention:what: in crescent city because i am assessing the trees at the superior court

big monterey cypress....all i did was put an inventory tag on each tree assess them and remove a few hangers
i havent even gotten to write my report yet and i hear this guys trying to stop us from removing the trees:what:

he was a wang to me , rode up all red in the face on a bicycle, bitching from the get go, "are you cutting these trees down?"

"yup with my mallett and shovel..yup im taking em down now" :P
no actually im assessing their structure and health, can i help you?
and then
dude spent 10 mins yelling about what the registered certified arborist said and did to the trees 3 yrs ago blah blahg blah
the head ballif said to ignore him, he's the town crier....turns out he's an activist, and the only reason he's got weight is that he does the gardening on the city bldgs at no charge........:? maybe if he walked up and introduced himself and spoke civilly to me he wouldnt have been met with a hears your sign typre response from me
isnt that a conflict right there, does he have ins, what if he gets hurt on city property, besides the fact that the turf hadnt been edged in months, nor the parking area blown, oh wait its free, quality doesnt count

numbnut never asked a question i n a polite manner or one worthy of a scientific answer

so heres to the new adventure

what if i do remove em all, ill neeed bucket trucks to rope down trees over protesters:)
just kidding, i dont have the patience for that scene,

We were taking down some pines at a apartment complex and I had a lady yelling at me about endangered species and how she hoped I wouldn't get in trouble because of that and then without even taking a breath she said that she did hope I would get in trouble. I couldn't hear her very well because I had my ear plugs in and the chipper was running. Funny thing was that she never stopped doing what she was doing to get ready to go somewhere. Got her kids in the car while yelling at us, went back into her government subsidized apartment to get something was yeling at us on the way in and on her way back to her car as soon as she thought she was within range she started in again. We all had a good laugh. She appeared to be tweaking.

So, so slow. I'm thinking maybe I should reevaluate my bid technique. I bid to make money, usually throwing in extra time. Thinking I should fine tune it a little more as far as time goes.

I'll let you guys know if I get it.
May be able to use someone, IF I get it.
Wouldn't start until August.
Large subdivision fire fuel reduction project on the shoulder of Mt. Tamalpais.
And a huge view.

Quite a few pumpkin euc removals too.
Should be pretty rad.

We'll see how long this lasts, but I'm booked everyday next week at over well over 1k a day. I'm gonna be tired come Friday, just in time to drive to Maryland for my G-ma's birthday Sat. :|:

Tree work is slow here too, but it's out there. I need to wake my buds out of their slumber to go get it, while I putz around in my shop and wait for the phone to ring :roll:

Shaded fuel break.

Taking something thick like a vietnam jungle and cutting everything out until it looks tight and right like a city park.

Limbing up trees, cutting the annuals down, eliminating fuel ladders to deter canopy fires, deadwood some trees.
Space out thick stands of brush and trees, so it's harder to carry fire.

It's more P.C. than 8 wide dozer lines seen from space.

Fire fuel reduction and a shaded fuel break.
Similiar to what Stephen Cursed Voice does.

Then there are some sizable euc removals and abunch of medium eucs to remove.
It could open up into something really big, but I don't want to jinx it, so it shushers for me.

Someone will be thrilled....

Today my friend Shamrock went to a Presidio Bid, the budget is 3.5 million dollars.

He said about 12 company's showed up to bid.

Crazy, Huge Euc stand cuts for the new underground tube going in.
I think the footprint is 30 acres.

Fire ladder fuel reduction will always keep the bills payed here in CA... Better than nuttin in between the tree jobs... Nice thing about it is that you can really thin things out and make it pretty too. So there is a creative side to it :D Treat it with a sense of fun and discovery and a good eye Deva.... Will make it feel more worth doing... Not trying to preach to the choir bro... Just trying to make ya feel good about it :)

Lost another one today... Tree fell on a water tank and the woman was referred by both her mom and her insurance co. I got home, called right away and she hired some out of town gun to do it.... I could have handled it tomorrow afternoon.... Cell phone (no I don't have one) might have helped... just no cell service in 90 plus percent of where I work..... It's like they expect you to just be waiting for their call... I actually get calls like that... "He's not home? He's at work? Man I really needed to talk to him!" This often takes place after 10 am......:roll:
Sometimes you just want a 2X4 to make a statement with :evil:
Local stores all have like 100 applicants recent.....
I get at least an inquiry a day for hiring...
Called a client that booked from last year... phone is disconnected so I will stop by and see if he still wants service :what:
Still booked all summer and have a wait list with the new prices... Butttttttt
You guessed it...... Not tree work :|:

2 am and I just read my E mail ..... Client just mailed me about a mirror broken on his car supposedly from our weed eat there. We both walked the premises including vehicles and made sure there was no damage:what: Guess I could have missed it :|:
$250.00 for a damn mirror that I doubt I broke... Friggen good client up til now too.... Got a lot of business through him. Not to mention several thousand I have made off him over almost 5 years... Told him I would reimburse him upon receipt of a receipt for the repair.... :roll: See how it pans out next week...
I just want to go outside and scream obscenities... :X This is the kind of shat that picks your pockets... Too small for an insurance claim... Small price to pay I guess... Think I will make a sign off sheet for the future the way times are. Everyone is going to pull what they can for buck... And the word I have in my head rhymes with buck BTW!:X

I've worked every single day since getting home from vacation almost 2 weeks ago. My job for tomorrow was postponed a week but I still have two 'floater' jobs I was supposed to do sometime this week so at least I might get caught up tomorrow. Next week is almost booked up also (that's a long way out for a hired gun).

Back