"so....hows bizness"

Still slow here, and the fact it is the middle of spring makes it just crazy/hard to believe. Winter stunk, but that's winter. Now it is almost as bad and it is spring.

Made $150 today cutting up a old log,chain was very dull at the end will have to take it to the shop to get it sharpened for $10.

Still a profitable day.

If you're gonna cut, you're going to have to learn to file. Search around in the chainsaw forum you'll find tons of info.

I just collected a couple of big azz cheques this morning.8)

I've had one call in the last four days and I"m doing that job on Monday $75 for some little brush pile.

I'm still busy but the jobs are getting smaller. I do more multiple job days now.

Things are starting to slow up here. Still booked two weeks out but the phone has been pretty silent this week. Alot more tire kickers lately than people that are actually eager to get work done. :(

Oh well, everytime I think it's going to dry up something falls into place, sure hope so anyways.:O

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and I thought it may go well in here.

I have a friend who's moving to Boulder Colorado soon, and he's looking for a job near there. He told me he's willing to commute a good bit, if that's an issue.

He's a great climber, and has more experience than I have. I was just wondering if any of the Colorado folks on here know of any openings in that area.

You guys always make fun, fun, fun, of me .
Let us see i did get that period in.
Im teerrible at grammer.
We are swamped , and lord williing we will stay that way.
Now ill proably crash fer bragging.
Ill blame it on me.
If you want work get on your knees and pray.

Its a weird world. I am busier than I have been this time of year for the past four years. I can't keep up and am losing jobs because I cannot bid them quick enough.

indeed. I have sharpened my daily practice to make sure I dont get lazy about returning calls and emails etc, something I have been guilty of in the past. Otherwise I have been bidding etc as per usual, I think I might be missing a bit more than I did before the new economic prudency.

This week brought on a nice wave of work but it seems that all too often i get the go ahead over the phone after doing an estimate, just to get a call the next day saying nevermind they can get it done cheaper. I always feel inclined to hang up on those folks but I have resolved that i will instead be peaceful and quiet just in case the competition burns em or doesnt show up.

Back