"so....hows bizness"

I am starting my 2010 calender already, currently solid till 1/2 of August. But it ain't tree work. And Andy and his wife are booked the same this year. Both of us do trees and weeds.... He is more trees than weeds. I almost offered my services to him this am, wife told me he was sick when I was in the store with her. Then I went out to the bucket truck:O Good thing he was only going to supervise:|: Poor guy!

Jobs trickle in at about the same rate I'm doing them, so I'm happy as long as it keeps up. The chipper is giving me fits again, so I'm gonna try and deal with that pronto.

No work from the recent winds though...

Thankfully, I am still two weeks out. Calls have slowed a bit as they usually do this time of year.

We have had a huge amount of rain and high gusty winds,starting befor easter its been remove tree on house everyday.

Kinda slow. But then I am just starting back up. New phone number and no yellow pages. Going to do a mail out to my client list next week. That should get things going. I've managed to pick up a fair bit of contract climbing though and I'm starting to wonder if I can stay busy just doing that. Probably could throught the spring summer fall but winter would be a bitch.

We did three jobs today one big hanger and two crushed house removals still not dont gonna be a long , long day.
One person was killed when a tree fell on their home.
This place is wrecked ive never seen so many tree down when there wasent an actual tornado

It seems to me that the same states that have the bad home loans are having the worst trouble with the recession. California, Florida, Arizona, and Nevada. I don't think we have any regular treehousers from Arizona or Nevada but the California and Florida guys it seems to me to have been hit more with slow business than treehousers from the other states. Am I wrong? I have a job that I have been doing twice a year for 6 years on Monday. Our deal is he pays in 30 days though.

Slow and steady here. Worked more this spring than last two put together though. I'm happy as long as the bank account grows a little bit after payments. Life's pretty good, I'm liken this pace.

It'll be nice once July rolls around. Currently, I'm in none of the phone books or any of the usual places people look for tree companies, so I'm considering myself lucky thus far.

Who uses phone books any more? I quit saving phone books about 4 years ago when I realized that I had been saving them every year and it had been over 3 years since I had used one. So ever since I just chunk them into the trash whenever they get dumped on my doorstep.

Andrew, my suggestion would be to get your name in the online yellow pages and not worry about the print version. But word of mouth/ referral work is always best.

Andrew, my suggestion would be to get your name in the online yellow pages and not worry about the print version. But word of mouth/ referral work is always best.

I've been online since August, 08, and not a single bite. New paper ads and referrals has been where it's at so far, but it sucks not getting very many phone calls. I'd rather be turned down than not called at all.

Yeah, nah. I'm doing fine. ...just impatient. I have way too much energy to not be climbing everyday.

Back