Sintung pruner for hayauchi review

vl2007

Treehouser
Anyone use one yet? Does the double pulley get in the way when make the cut? Good price for cutting 2". Are there any other pole pruners with a 2" capacity?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Corona Bull has 1 3/4" cutting capasity. Very nice pruner, I get alot of use out it. Just looking to improve my gear, and the Sintung might work for me, but im looking for the good/bad from the house.

I've heard it's not so good but never have seen one. There's a thread on the buzz on pole pruners or polesaws that mentions it a few times.

Marvin makes the best production head but Wolfgarten makes a kickass anvil head with a 5:1 mechanism that goes through 1-1/2" wood like butter. Makes as good of a cut as a bypass pruner. Nice telescoping pole too.

I use a Marvin Head and a Corona Bull Lopper on fixed length fiberglass poles. I have a Hayuchi too and have wondered about the pole pruner option with it. I imagine it would mess with the pole at some point. I think fixed length poles are the way to go. Extension pole pruners bend and wobble too much.

Got one.

Its OK for reducing back branches that are too small for the saw head. Finish cuts are OK at short/mid extension but on full extension it is really hard to get accurate (too much movement on the pole).

I have also found that the blade spings really easy. Square on cuts are easy but cutting slightly diaganol accross the grain it will jam a lot of the time.

The ratchet system works great but as with any lopper head of this design it does get in the way.

Dont regret gettin it, but it could be better.

I think it would be cool to own but not for a typical crew, have seen other guys crews destroy silky stuff in minimal time.

I'm ordering it, along other goodies, tomorrrow from WesSpur. Taking advantage of the free shipping before its gone. Thx for the info. I'll give a review in a few weeks.

Sintung pruner head came today. Out of the box...I'm not impressed. It cuts great, but this pruner will not hold up to daily use. The rivits are loose...creating lots of movement, that over time will get worse.

The Corona bull pruner is built to last!

VL - feel free to return the thing if you want. Wesspur is pretty relaxed about returns. PM me if you need help with that.

Sean,
Thx for that, but I will find a use for it. It's not deffective, just made cheap and i think i can modify it. The concept is good.

Any comments I can pass on to Silky? Sometimes they actually listen to what we tell them.

Egads, that is for real Butch. Silky puts a lot of thought into their saws and then completely ignores the scabbards. I've been harping on that for a couple years now to Silky, but no change yet. Hope springs eternal though.

Any comments I can pass on to Silky? Sometimes they actually listen to what we tell them.
These weren't made by Silky, but they were made to fit a Silky pole, and were sold by Sherrill. They were discontinued for quality issues, but Sherrill just brought in an upgraded version. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone gets one, and what they think about it.

I got tired of having to have fiberglass poles when I already had a silky hayauchi, so I did this:
IMG_0298.jpg
IMG_0299.jpg
Took just a few minutes in a vise and had to make the hole bigger for the push button.
Could a guy do the same to a marvin or corona head?

Back