Silky Katanaboy 500 Two Hand Saw

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I saw this saw in Reg's vid and it looks pretty radical. I just wondering if Reg or anyone else had more feedback on it. It's $196.00 at Treestuff, so it aint cheap. But the reach etc seems like it might be nice in a tree when you need a little extra but don't want to mess with a pole saw.

I'm liking it, but dayum... that price. I'm sure it's worth it, but I'd hate to buy it then find out I didn't really use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha, exactly.

Seems like it might be good on a big prune, the kind where you do the top 2/3 with your handsaw and then pull up the chain saw for the bigger lower cuts. With the Kboy, no chainsaw?!?

Also for deadwooding, maybe skip the chainsaw.

I have a feeling Reg is practically the only guy around that has one.

Ha, exactly.

Seems like it might be good on a big prune, the kind where you do the top 2/3 with your handsaw and then pull up the chain saw for the bigger lower cuts. With the Kboy, no chainsaw?!?

Also for deadwooding, maybe skip the chainsaw.

I have a feeling Reg is practically the only guy around that has one.

I bought it for wind-firming jobs, mainly. Where you're doing a lot of high climbing and transferring etc...but not a lot of sawing. The cutting speed is very impressive for a non motorized saw....but you need two hands to get the full leverage against the limb, plus the distance to get the full benefit of the long blade. You can use it one handed easy enough but the balance is all wrong because of the weight of the long handle (the handle is as long as the blade). Much better on solid sturdy limbs than skinny whippy ones, as the teeth are way bigger and more aggressive cutting than the standard size handsaws....at least the one I have. Having that extra reach is something you appreciate right away, whether for reaching and cutting, or pulling hangers etc. I dont know how a person justifies the price tag, it depends on your type of work I suppose, but you buy it, you keep it forever. Its not a bad option for non chainsaw users on the ground also, which is often overlooked. TL000329 - Copy.jpg TL000332 - Copy.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does it click open and closed quickly and easily?

This would be a great option for sound sensitive areas where a saw is to noisy, like early morning

You can't crank a saw until 7AM, here - but I doubt anyone would be arrested unless you were doing it next to a cop.

Back