Signs or Paint on my Aluminum Chipper Body???

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Questions for the house: As some of you may know, we got this cool little chipper truck made out of aluminum. I love it. It bascially looks new still. Rust? What's that?

image.jpg

I've never had so much as a phone number sharpied on it for people to find us! I need to do it YESTERDAY. I can't decide: Should I have it painted light blue (our company colors) with the logo over it? or should I get a big sign riveted onto it? Maybe a sign approx the full size of the box.

If it was steel I would've painted it a long time ago. I'm just not sure how the aluminum handles paint.

Any thoughts?

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never been a fan of vinyl. Looks great up front, but I images of letters falling off and things like that.

I never even considered wrapping it! Didn't even think that was possible. I'll make some calls tomorrow when I get home!

Alum hates regular paint! Even prepped and primed properly, it's a short lived process. Powder coat works, but that's a single color. I agree with wrapping it.

Wrap.

Signs won't last forever, but I've had good luck for a long time with mid grade vinyl on a less than ideal paint job.

I like the clean silver box. Sets the truck out to be noticed. Why not just do the doors?

Nick, It's LA! - get the light and magic crowd to create a holographic-looking loop (.cgi?) that gets projected onto the bare aluminum sides and back, showing your crew working, and then morphs to the TreeCareLA logo/website/phone# and back to Oscar stuck in a date palm... uh, no, that would be me ;) and back to the work scene.

Or, a wrap... the grandson of my mentor just started a business - he does targeted wraps and calls it 'carvertising'

Vinyl, my signs look good and if it gets scratched, just get another made up. Cheap. Paint sucks

If you like the shiny look get a chrome wrap with your logo etc printed on it.

NV200-Southampton-Large.jpg

Beautiful truck! We are having our new trailer wrapped as I write. First one in the fleet, can't wait to see it. Just have fun exploring the options, it will look great either way!

Back