New Chipper for TreeCareLA, too!

Sounds promising, Dylan.

Its hard to know what 780 hours means for wear and tear... sounds practically new. My chipper's hour meter was stuck for at least several years at around 3700, and its almost as old as me, though it can still eat as much as it did when it was young, I imagine. My appetite has slowed with the State job.

Congrats Nick, Morbark are a great machine. I still have my 89 Morbark 200 and has over 4000hrs, its still going strong. Just keep it serviced and it will be a happy Beever!!:D

Bonner, I think the Bandit 65 is to light of a machine to get the winch option, but you could biuld your own for sure.

Ben
Bushwacker Tree

A winch on a 6" chipper???

What's your budget for a chipper Dylan? Your so close to the border, I would be looking across the border.

Easy way to search criagslist http://www.searchtempest.com/

Part way down this page is a nice 6" with diesel motor http://www.envirochipper.com/wood_chippers_used.htm

Congrats on the new chipper Nick.
I've used a similar service to 99designs. It was www.hatchwise.com. Friends have used it as well with great results. I think it's the best way to get design work of all kinds done for cheap. My last logo contest cost me 140.00 and I got more then 130 entries. As Nick said, maybe a new thread is worth while if people would like mor info.

I've been looking around for sure, US as well. This chipper seems a good deal, but I'd like to demo it. Just landed a 2 spruce removal job and am trying to get in touch with the fellow about using the chipper on the job, but no call backey.

And the fella I contract with has a small 13 ton crane; so a winch, while sweet, is not really necessary. I could see always having a use for a little 6" around here, just easier to get it into places....

:/:

FWIW, my supervisor at Parks used to have a 6"x 6" throat vermeer 625. He said it worked decently with sharp knives, proper anvil condition and adjustment. If that has a 6x12" throat, and in good condition, it would be a good money maker, at least until you got a bigger one. Do people use a lot of firewood there, where 5" and up would be reasonable to leave onsite?

The 6x12 throat is key on those chippers. Otherwise your trimming every little branch.

I loved that little bandit I had. wish i kept it as a trim job chipper, but how many machines can you have (or want to maintain)? i'm ready to upgrade from my woodsman, probably a bit far for you though! 2800 miles :lol:

Back