Shot show

7.62 X 39 bullets measure at .310 diameter. Or at lest mill surplus ammo dose. I have shot a .308 nice not much kick .30-06 & .300win mag is like shooting 12 ga 3" mags slugs now thats a mule.

Not questioning your experience with Rugers, but I have a model 77 in .270 Win that's a shooter, and I have friends who own Rugers that are shooters. I've only run across one recently that wasn't a shooter.
I've worked to make a lot of rugers shoot well. Only one or 2 performed. I've even spent time on the phone with ruger trying to have a rifle rebarrelled by them. They're policy is that if it shoots 5" or better at 100 yards then it meets their standard. As far as ruger rifles shooting like crap, that's not just my opinion, its known industry wide. Their heavy barrelled 77s were known to shoot well, especially the .220 swifts. The ruger #1's have even drawn a lot of criticism also. I'm not knocking any ruger owners. My favorite rifle is a 77 in 7 mag, but the fact is, they have been known in the shooting game for many years as poor shooters.

I have a friend who owns two 77 Targets, one in .204 and the other in .22-250. They both shoot well. He brought them over a couple of years ago, and was consistently ringing the plates at 400 yards. (10", 5" and 3" plates).

Some do shoot, but don't count on it when buying one. It's ashame really because otherwise they are top notch rifles. I took one to smith/builder one time to see if he would true the action for me among a few other tweaks in hopes that it would help the gun shoot. I wasnt willing to give up on that particular gun. He flat out refused the work. Told me rebarrelling it would be my best chance at making it shoot. I was skeptical. So we got out the borescope, plugged it in, and I looked up and down the bore. I was floored. The tooling marks were so severe that they could never even be lapped out. Fast forward another year, had my hands on another ruger that I aS determined to straighten out, put the bore scope to it, brutal. That was the last of quite a few rugers I got involved with trying to make shoot. My ruger 7 mag shoots like the wind now, but it took a lot of effort to get it there and the load I shoot out of it will have the barrel smoked in another year. Just too fast. I think when its shot I might rebarrel it to a .264 win mag.

The short barrel life is one reason I don't care for hot magnums....and my shoulder is another reason. :lol:

I have this gun crankin em out way faster then most mags will ever spit a bullet. Its kickin out a 120 gr bullet at somewhere right around 3740 fps. Another 500-1000 rounds out of it and I should start to see it go downhill

I guess Keltec said they were opening a whole new facility just to up production for those two..... I guess they had a hard time filling orders in the past.

Got to handle that previously discussed tactical lever gun. Absolutely the sloppiest, roughest, poorly built gun I've handled in years. I'm talking a 1st class pile of shit. I'm a gun snob, but I tried to look at it through reasonable eyes and I was still disguisted.

Andy, The Vietnam era use of American ammo by Vietcong was firing 7.62 X 51 (.308 Win) in Moisin Nagants chambered for 7.62 x 54R. It doesn't fit the boltface and won't extract but it will fire and the case can be knocked out with the cleaning rod.

Sometimes I worry about my Bro. New toy 5.7 28mm bottom pic to add to his other 223 pup on top. :D Cant wait to try out all the new ones. 8)

newonebottom.jpg

Back