Shot me a Bear

around here our bears would be gorging fruit and last month tons of salmon, wonder what that would do to the flavour in comparison.

Who be dissin' !?

LOL

seagull.jpg

I'm not anti-hunting as you all probably know. Curious to know why the Bear's are being culled though?

Nice shot BTW!

If we didn't have a whitetail season here we would be overrun. Probably the same with bear. No natural predators. A wild cat could take a cub, but not with mama around. It is nice to see wildlife, but hunting really is a useful tool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's wildlife management.
1700 bears are harvested (killed by hunters) annually in CA. DFG does herd population studies on deer and other big game to determine the number of tags to issued for a given zone.
Bear tags have been fixed between 1500-1700 if my memory serves me,,, Apparently that is a number that best supports a thriving bear population. For every bear that is harvested, additional habitat is available to bears that are not killed.

When I was there they actually based the season on bag limits as opposed to tags issued. Season would go till Dec. 31 unless the limit was reached, then they closed season early. That was B zone

Congrats on your bear . I shot a Montana Blackie the day Mt. St. Helens blew up that was delicious.

It's wildlife management.
1700 bears are harvested (killed by hunters) annually in CA. DFG does herd population studies on deer and other big game to determine the number of tags to issued for a given zone.
Bear tags have been fixed between 1500-1700 if my memory serves me,,, Apparently that is a number that best supports a thriving bear population. For every bear that is harvested, additional habitat is available to bears that are not killed.

Cheers dude :)

People like eating the meat in a stew here. I know one restaurant that serves it that way. Asian bear species.....but not Panda. Apparently the best climber as far as bears go. Wicked long claws for going up the oaks.

Attachments

• asian-black-bear-1.jpg
    asian-black-bear-1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 116
It is a big concern here in wild boar and as I said, bear.

You have to make sure the meat is VERY well cooked to kill the eggs.

I've heard of it up here, someone was just mentioning the other day to me before I read Stig's post. Must not cross the border though.:P

Back