Rope Wrench setup preferences.

flashover604

TreeHouser
Hi all.

I just got a Rope Wrench in the mail last night. It came with the standard stiff tether as well as one of the stiff tethers with two eyes at the bottom. I played around with it in the dining room over one of our exposed beams. Using a DMM Ultra O carabiner I was able to get both eyes of my 10mm Armor Prus hitch and both eyes of the tether plus the HC on the carabiner, but it was pretty crowded. What carabiner are you guys finding success with? I use a New Tribe Tree Fox with the delta link so everything sits 90° from where I'd like it. I'll try using a small ring on the delta to remedy that, but I was just wondering what setups you guys were using? I'm using Imori rope for the record.

I've seen some folks using a pin with a U-shaped spring like you would find for trailer hitches to hold the tether on the HC and then using a carabiner below it for their hitch. I like the idea, I'd just be a little worried about something popping the spring loose and losing the tether.

Thanks in advance!

Zach

Ha! That's funny Benn.

I have a few different setups I use.

1- HC pulley with prussic eyes and biner in bottom hole. WR attached to middle hole with a bow shackle (double eyed tether). The shackle is great for a tending attachment. I use this setup when I don't plan on taking it off of the rope during the climb.
2- wrench tether spliced to becket of pinto pulley. This makes the wrench sit "backwards" it is nice if you are wanting to take your system off during the climb as there are only 2 things to drop... just have not found the perfect knot to use with the pinto so I don't use this setup all of the time.

Back