Rope ID

DARN!!! I should've known. The way to tell the 2 apart is that dyneema is more malleable so the rope feels like 1 big strand. The technora, as you can see in the pic, keeps it's own shape so each strand stays it's own...if that makes sense?

Shame on me. I'm going to go study now.

love
nick

OK then Tec 12 it is....

anyone think of a good application for it?

OK then Tec 12 it is....

anyone think of a good application for it?

GREAT hitch cord. Good for a small rigging line. Very strong, heat resistant, chafe resistant. There is almost no stretch to that line, so avoid shockloads. It'd be good for lifting applications (to pull a limb up over a house)

Good as a zipline, too.

love
nick

They have another rope that is a dyneema vectran blend called thunder or lightning or something like that...it COULD be that...

Nick what do you know about that blended Samson Lightning in the new Sherrill flyer. Sampson has it listed in their sailing section. SUPER strong, but is it for rigging or winch lines.

TS

I haven't seen the flier yet. But I know of 1.5 ropes made by samson called lightning. Before the conversation can begin, we have to make sure we're talking about the right one.

Can you scan the flier up here?

love
nick

Yes, all three colors. It doesn't say diameter, but it's $195 for 150ft.

TS

At TCIA show, Sherrill had a big display on the new "Lightening" from what I can remember. A big annoying bright ass strobe light helped me with that memory. Didn't look anything like that though. It was a 1/2" climbing line I beleive.

That's the rope I was thinking of. These 2 ropes are super different from eachother. I wasn't sure if they officially announced sale of that rope yet...which is why I was being a little secretive about it.

Tom, are you talking about a climbing line, or is it something else. The one you posted is something you might see on a sailboat.

love
nick

Back