Rope Guy

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 5K
Stable Braid is my own personal fav, but the 3/4" might be pretty huge overkill (breaks at 20,000 lbs). You could probably save a pile of money by using Pro Master in any diameter. It's a 3 strand, so the knobby surface is easier to hold onto even in a slightly smaller diameter. Nearly any rope will handle 150 lbs without even noticing it.

a 7/16"-1/2" line combined with one of these.

664523Lrg.jpg

Petzl mini-traxion cammed pulley. ;)

I have been using a 7/16 line for a while, But I find it hard to hold on to with heavy loads. Seems fatter would be easier on the hands.

I found 41 ft of 5/8 Stable braid for $28 plus shipping. Not sure if its a great deal or not?

With the device that Brian showed you wouldn't have to hold the load. You could stop and rest and the load would hold itself.;)

Well I just bought a 100' of 5/8s Stable Braid. For the buy it now price of 75.00.

Sent him a note asking about him covering shipping. Hoping he will do it.
With 18.00 for shipping added its not what I would call a fantastic deal.
this is the first thing ever that I have purchased off of ebay.

Carl when you dealt with this fella before did you place a bid or give his asking price? This is new to me.

If you'd bought several ropes from my supplier, you'd do better, more than likely....

OSRopes, not Samson, plenty good.....but shipping from the west coast might be too much.

What are you doing with 3/4? Man, I haven't used mine but twice since I got it to replace my old line......Unless you're butt hitching 1500 pound logs, it's overkill......for lifting applications, or pulling, Jacketed spectra is the ticket.....`19000 tensile at 9/16th...cost is a bit high at 1.20 a foot or so, but that is about half of what any other rope from other sources would cost.

With the device that Brian showed you wouldn't have to hold the load. You could stop and rest and the load would hold itself.;)

ya, but its $28 for fatter rope and $80 for the pro traxion. I'm on a budget:)

If you'd bought several ropes from my supplier, you'd do better, more than likely....

OSRopes, not Samson, plenty good.....but shipping from the west coast might be too much.

What are you doing with 3/4? Man, I haven't used mine but twice since I got it to replace my old line......Unless you're butt hitching 1500 pound logs, it's overkill......for lifting applications, or pulling, Jacketed spectra is the ticket.....`19000 tensile at 9/16th...cost is a bit high at 1.20 a foot or so, but that is about half of what any other rope from other sources would cost.

Roger, how does that rope do when it runs thru the chipper?:evil:

Weren't you listening Dave? It breaks at 19000 lbs! The rope is probably just fine. The poor chipper on the other hand might need some new knives. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What are you doing with 3/4? Man, I haven't used mine but twice since I got it to replace my old line......
I will use it to help stabilize storm damaged trees while working on them. Split or fractured trunks, wind blown leaners etc. Or I might get bored & just make some slings with it.

I sold a 7/8" rope I bought last year (I think, maybe 06) that I never used to a customer. Made $25 over what I paid :)

Roger, how does that rope do when it runs thru the chipper?:evil:

Word gets around , eh? Lucky for me, that was Blaze.....which luckily broke before my flipline did...and before the old Traverse's stitching gave way (Travis's) or the accessory biner on my saddle that the Petzl on the lifeline was attached to. Can't say the same for my knee.....

But this is a story for another thread....

Back