Rope bag project...

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 395
  • Views 35K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the mesh bags will beat sales of the solids, given half a chance...

Congrats, Bob.
-------------------------

I'd have to agree with you Mr.B.

The mesh bags are great for winter & wet weather tree work!

After a (winter) job, I loaded a solid bag and left it for 3 weeks. After I opened that bag, the rope was still damp!!! The advantage of the mesh bag is obvious!;)

"WesSpur" will pick up my Mesh line so long as sales of the solid bag go well.

So...who needs a rope bag???:D

...contact WesSpur ( www.wesspur.com ) with your rope bag orders and ask for the "HC-Bag" by name!

Bob

"It aint easy being cheezy"

Attachments

• chester1.gif
    chester1.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 56
So they will actually be available Friday the thirteenth? How fortuitous.;)
--------------------------

An interesting observation you've made there Stumper! :/:

I refer all further questions to WesSpur regarding the launch date of the bags.

Ah, BOUNCE, can you add to this in any way, :? ???

Maybe give BOUNCE a shout via PM here at the TH or email him at WesSpur:

www.wesspur.com
OR
seant@wesspur.com

Once the actually realize that there will be a number of orders comming, they'll likely kick production up.

Best to ask the folks at WesSpur!

HC

I just got the first 8 HC rope bags in stock. These are the solid ones, not the mesh. Also, they are red instead of blue in case any of you are fashion conscious. They are going for $45, but if any Treehousers want one just give me a call and I'll give it to you for $37 through July. Bear in mind this is not an official Wesspur sale, so you'll have to speak with me personally and mention that you are a Treehouser to get this price (heck, what good is a position of authority if you can't abuse it, right?). Feel free to PM me if you want, but I can't take cc #'s that way. It will probably take a week or so to get these up on the website, so they aren't available online for now.

End of advertisement

Please understand I'm trying hard not to misuse/abuse the Treehouse by advertising products for Wesspur here. I post on TH for my own benefit and would like to keep things that way. I'm breaking my own rule this time only because this is the forum and thread where the bags were developed and I'd like to give something back to the community the design came from. I think a lot of us are here because we got sick of the censorship imposed by corporate sponsors at other sites and I don't want that to happen here.

I said a long time ago that if and when Wesspur ever brought the HC bags to market that I'd be first in line to buy a couple. Looks like I actually was the first. Just got off the phone with Wesspur and ordered 2 HC bags along with some of that Bailout cord and a new 200' climbing line.
:D

Hell yah I shamelessly promote Wesspur on here in a vain attempt for some type of discount or freebie.:D

I buy all my gear from them

Wesspur Rules!

And another thing, Wesspur now sells climbing rope with a tight eye splice! It's been a couple years since my last rope purchase, and at that time my only options for a tight eye were Sherrill or splice it myself. So this time I was finally able to buy my rope from Wesspur, which pretty much eliminates any need for me to deal with Sherrill any more. :)

...I`d like to thank the adacamy, my mom, and all you good people who believed in my vision... :P

HC

:big-bow::big-rolling::wav:

Wesspur rocks the house. I just noticed they lowered their price on the GRCS...I had sent them an e-mail asking if they'd match and they said yes, now they are cheaper!

:) Aw shucks everybody, you made my day! It's nice to know we're appreciated. Much as I would like to though, I'm afraid I can't take all (any?) of the credit. I just work here, ya know? I'll admit though, it's a nice place to work (nobody screams at me to work faster or threatens to chip me if I don't finish by sundown) and shop (maybe a little too nice - I joke with my boss that he might as well pay me in gear). I'll pass along the compliments to the people here who are actually making the day-to-day decisions that make this a cool place to work and buy gear.

:) Aw shucks everybody, you made my day! It's nice to know we're appreciated. Much as I would like to though, I'm afraid I can't take all (any?) of the credit. I just work here, ya know? I'll admit though, it's a nice place to work (nobody screams at me to work faster or threatens to chip me if I don't finish by sundown) and shop (maybe a little too nice - I joke with my boss that he might as well pay me in gear). I'll pass along the compliments to the people here who are actually making the day-to-day decisions that make this a cool place to work and buy gear.

Man, it sounds like you got a sweet gig!

I'll be ordering a rope bag and some other chit real soon. My local arb guys suck at specialty stuff.

I like to hear when someone has a job they like and good people to work with.

That is a deal, I just ordered a bunch of stuff so will probably miss out on these first bags. Still trying to psych myself up for the big GRCS purchase, I had a couple jobs recently where it sure woulda been nice to be able to winch on things.

I'd love to own a GRCS !!! Its one of those tools that are a must have.

So many things you can do with it to make life easier...and safer!!!

...heck, I think a GRCS would even fit into a Rope Bag.;):P

HC

Back