Rope bag project...

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 395
  • Views 35K
Here is one of your bags at work in a tree...and two more..you gotta look for the bag in the last picture. Sorry, it wasn't the focus of the picture.

Tell her that her hard work helps make our work easier...and that we appreciate her talent.

Attachments

• DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00056 (2).JPG
    DSC00056 (2).JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00058 (2).JPG
    DSC00058 (2).JPG
    169 KB · Views: 8
heres a white oak removal from today:)

Attachments

• franks white oak 003.jpg
    franks white oak 003.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 8
those other trees are in a different yard but yes were doing dead wood and mistletoe in 1 tree a removing over hang from a dying field tree. you can see some of that tree on the right

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Bag Lady had her surgery this past Tuesday and a tumor was removed. Turns out it was in fact cancerous and further tests are being done to find out its type. Our bag builder is doing well but will be in the hospital for another 8 -10 days recovering.

I brought her copies of the pictures you guys sent me and that seemed lifted her spirits. She had no idea that the bags she made had been sent all across North America. There are even a few over seas in the UK.

After looking at the pictures, she kept making comments like: "That looks dangerous", "That guy better be careful", "How did he get up there to do that", "Wow", "You'll never catch me up there in a million years", etc etc.

If nothing else, it was a pleasant distraction to help take her mind off of things for a little while.

Thank you,

HC

Good news,

The bag lady is home & well. Tests came back & she's now cancer free...they got it all ! :) She'll be recovering at home for the next little while but all is good at this time!

Thanks to all the well wishers!

HC

HB I am going up to Bailey's today. I will bring a couple of your bags and show them to the folks up there.

HB I am going up to Bailey's today. I will bring a couple of your bags and show them to the folks up there.
-------------------------

Cool,

Be sure to show them who did your durability testing! ;)

Keep me posted!

HC

Attachments

• Kimba+Hb'sRopeBag.JPG
    Kimba+Hb'sRopeBag.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 19
No Cansa,,,no,no. God bless your lady, HB

Man, I've been really sick lately and can't shake this cold. I am delirious from it.

I was going to meet up with Frans at Baileys today, but just couldn't do it. I don't think I could drive I'm so rummy. Gotta get betta.

I had a flu shot about a month ago. It's not working. I'm going to start a vitamin regime, or something like that. Man, feeling crappy and can't get outside without wirling.

I'll be seeing the Doc in a week or so, if I'm around. ugh

In my old age I'm OC about touching public stuff, like door handles, phones, shopping carts, hell I hate shaking hands.

All I can say is some manufacturer out there better come and make a deal with the Hobby Climber 'cause I want more bags!!!!

Glad to hear the baglady is on the mend. Hope it's smooth sailing for her now.

The "Bag Lady" is doing just fine and all is good! She isn't all that interested in making the bags anytime soon (understandable I guess) but I do have some good news.

Wes-Spur in WA (via "Bounce") has taken on the solid fabric blue bag and will be selling them once they get enough for inventory this summer. Still working out a few details...

Sean at Wes-Spur indicated they are not ready for the Mesh Bag just yet until they get the other one up & running.

Because the Bag Lady is not in a position to build or improve the Mesh Bag at this time, our old friend "Tree Machine" (Jim C.) was kind enough to hook me up with a fellow who manufacturers rock climbing equipment. It isn't a large operation but they are willing to get a few mesh bags produced for me. This company has a few ideas for the mesh bag regarding design to make it easier to build quickly.

We're still in the early stages of discussion & I'll keep you guys posted. This week I'll be sending them a sample and some material and see what they come up with. We'll see where it goes from there.

I'll let everyone know once Wes-Spur gets up & running with the solid bags. Its suppose called the "HC-bag" and will have my signature yellow bottom on the inside to tell it apart from other bags! 8)

HC

Wow, Bob! That friggin ROCKS! And WesSpur can count on me for the first bag order, I'd like to place my request for the first two bags off the line. (I'll be able to compare them to my two original HC bags. :/: )
:thumbup:

Back