Rocky's bucket truck for sale

But my biggest concern is somebody driving into the back of me because I'm driving too slow, or people cutting too closely in front of me and slamming on the brakes because they NEED to get in front of me to make that next right turn 50' away.

People drive like Alvin & the Chipmunks would drive (if they drove)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People drive like Alvin & the Chipmunks would drive (if they drove)
:lol::lol::lol:

Gigi, I'm waiting for Justin to finalize the plane ticket purchase before I know exactly when I'll leave. Probably this coming weekend with a return flight next Thursday, unless that gets pushed back. Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually the cheapest (and least crowded) days to fly.

edit: I just spoke with Justin and he's purchased my plane ticket for Tuesday April 8th, so I guess I'm leaving next Wednesday or Thursday. I'll wait and see how my work schedule fills out before comitting to a date.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've never been there ,Colorado is a beautiful state .The rocky mountains are a site to behold. Everybody needs to see those mountains just once to imagine what the early pioneers saw ,which no doubt filled them with awe .

Now,if that shooter of bows and arrows needs a chip box,old Al has a dandy at the shop still.I won't deliver it though.It's complete,lift assembley and all .

900 cash,located about 12 miles east of Lima Ohio.10 miles from interstate 75. I'll load it but I won't install it,no time .

If you've never been there ,Colorado is a beautiful state .The rocky mountains are a site to behold. Everybody needs to see those mountains just once to imagine what the early pioneers saw ,which no doubt filled them with awe .

better yet...go climb em'8)

Al, that is a good deal......but I have a chip truck.
Out of curiousity, what size is that box?

I don't remember,11 or 12 ,something like that .

Attachments

• drill press 012.jpg
    drill press 012.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 66
  • PB Show07 001.jpg
    PB Show07 001.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 66

Now,if that shooter of bows and arrows needs a chip box,old Al has a dandy at the shop still.I won't deliver it though.It's complete,lift assembley and all .

900 cash,located about 12 miles east of Lima Ohio.10 miles from interstate 75. I'll load it but I won't install it,no time .

Al, you are selling just the box? 900$ That is a great deal, anyone have any ideas on how to get it to Florida?

If it's still on the frame, you could make a pretty snazzy trailer setup to pull behind a matching chip truck.

Al, are you about an hour from Troy, OH?
70-80 miles V .Straight up I-75 .

Tom,the guy with the tree service,bought that thing about 2-3 years ago in S Carolina and hauled up here on my trailer.He had asperations of building up another chip hauler . As it turned out ,he now has two diesels,one chip hauler and the other an arbor unit with a chip box . He sold his old gasser and wants to sell this one .

I don't know if it would fit the Rocky truck or if anybody else could use it .Just a thought .

The reason it's setting on that long framed Chevy ton and a half was to get the danged thing out of my shop .It will come right off,I have a double set of overhead tram rails and 4 chain falls in the shop .

Al, the ram and hydraulics are complete?

Is it set up for electric over hydraulic, or PTO?
What size ram?
Crysteel lift?

mostly. i bought enough sheet to do the deck and 3 shots of 1x3x1/8 tubing for 300 bucks. remnants are 50 cents a pound now! im going to price the siding tomorow, im scared

Al, the ram and hydraulics are complete?

Is it set up for electric over hydraulic, or PTO?
What size ram?
Crysteel lift?
Asplunt[spelling ?] box ,epoxy paint etc.Yes the entire lift is intact .Of course the pump and control valve is not there.Just the cylinder and lift mechanism.It was listed in the portion of the TH that went into cyber space so I forgot who actually made it and the dimentions

I doubt it would fit on the Rocky truck without major modifications .Too bad because it would have made a nice arbor unit for a small contractor .

Speaking of which,if that truck pulls the mountains it will go anywhere .I have no doubt it will .

Thats actually a real good deal for that box. Hummm...
Well,it was hauled from S Carolina to Ohio on a double axle trailer behind a 3/4 ton Ford pick em up.I'm sure it would make it to Cal that way too . Ten days round trick,about 1500 in fuel I suppose . Once you make it over the Rockies,it's all down hill,so to speak .;)

i wonder what a trucking outfit would charge. do you know what it weighs?
Most likely about 2 tons but I'm not really sure .As for trucking,expensive no doubt.

The shipping is not the only thing to be considered,you need a rigger to unload it on the receiving end .In all honesty it would not be economical to haul it other than attached to a straight truck frame or heavy trailer for any distance.Even at that you would likely have 2 times the money in getting it any where as what the price is .Fuel,food ,motels,it all adds up .

The only other option is finding a trucker that would be dead heading near the drop off point and work something out but that would be rare.Even at that,the logistics of me loading it and somebody else unloading ,to fit in a time frame would be mind boggling .

Well you could always sleep in that box, Al. That sure would take care of the motels. Might kind of stink by the time the trip was over....

Back