Rocky's bucket truck for sale

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No snow angel, it was fairly hard packed and I wasn't dressed for getting all wet.

More good news today, when leaving the job this morning my missing GPS slid out from under the passenger seat of the bucket truck! I was hoping it would show up, so I was able to return the other one to Target and I got a full refund on it.

really cool, Skwerl!

how did the GPS perform? It might have been posted already but what brand/model didja use?

Willie, you're welcome. The trip would have never happened if not for you guys. :)

Paul, I used the basic Garmin Nuvi 200. The one I bought and lost just before the trip is a Nuvi 350. Same maps and navigation capability but a few more options and extras. The Garmin worked fine but kept trying to route me through more populated areas. The best part is that it always kept me informed of exactly where I was, how fast I was going, distance to my target location and estimated time of arrival. If I skipped a turn or made an unscheduled turn, it instantly recalculated my route from my current location. It could also search for motels, fuel or food available along my route. I felt totally comfortable with it and was never concerned about getting lost.

Thanks Skwerl and Stumper. I have never heard that expression cheese has slid off his cracker. Pretty good. There was a series of articles a couple of years ago in the local paper here about the highway reststop "scene".

Hey thank for taking the time to post pix of your trip. I always like to see different areas of the country.

Too bad we cannot see what that sign says from the castle guy:

'Notice to all law enforcement and citizens'

I am curious as to what that guys outlook on life is all about.

Frans, Jim Bishop has signs all over the place up there. Essentially they boil down to "This is my property. I am a free man. I don't need no stinking permits and inspections from bureaucrats that can't even concieve of what I am building. The IRS can kiss my backside. The sheriff stole my gun. Enter at your own risk. Friends are welcome. Government toadies and taxcollectors go away."

Thanks for the pictures Brian, and a great narration to go with them. I'm glad you had a smooth and successful trip.

Here you go, Frans. I went back and cropped the full size images so you can still read the signs.

Well, it looks like the truck is sold. :D Justin and I have some logistics to work out, but I should be able to deliver it to him in a week or two. I'm going to drive it out there and then fly back home (Damn, I hate flying).

The Treehouse rocks!!! :big-hang-loose::big-dance2::boogie::rockon::big-jump::dance:

I thought I would bump this ultra-cool thread. 8)

I worked with the ultracool bucket this afternoon. I climbed and wrecked out a maple this morning and then pruned an elm from the bucket this afternoon. Hmm, no wonder I'm tired.:)

Back