Rigging Vids

• Thread starter edenarb
  • Start date
  • Replies 44
  • Views 6K
Love the double blocks for the big wood. His lowering device really shines there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, he has alot more faith in cottonwood gin poles than I do! Excellent vid

Thats where a good groundy will come into his own imo. Letting the limbs run and progressively slowing down is a must. He actually got a bit pissed at one point when one was snatched. I think this would prob be prtly because of his own safety but also the shock load.
Appart from sectioning down the last stem his tie in was always on a diff stem than his riggin, and a lot of the time he had redirects on the riggin to distribute the load.

Even with the redirects I would be afraid of blowing out the stem with some big ones. I can understand him getting excited about a bad run!:D

I think it is interesting how, after a long hard day of treework, most treemen will happily stay rooted to the computer screen to watch and marvel at Reg's vid's of smoooth TD's, of some very big and/or tricky trees.

Any vid by him is always top shelf stuff.

Edenarb, you should get him to join heah

No doubt about it, Cory. It's great that Reg records and presents his work in a truly professional manner. Smooth and easy to watch. So many tree work videos that others post can not compare. The industry and all workers have done good by watching his work.

I'm sure the Helmet cam doesn't hurt the presentation any. It's nice to have a familiar view of the rigging that brings up all the excitement and emotions, without having to actually be in the tree with all the "Oh Shit factor."

I love watching those vids. Makes me want to work for someone else, so I can focus on JUST the climbing and rigging. It's a great craft, that's for sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Edenarb, you should get him to join heah

I first came accross Reg's work on Arbtalk. He calls in there quite often but is certainly not an every day person.

MB you are a Arbtalker, how about inviting him to call in once in a while?

Works of art. Really appreciate all the effort and work Reg has put into his videos, very cool.

jp:D

Back