Redneck climbing gear

DO NOT forget you will need to adjust the carb Sean, it's way rich right now, I never adjusted it after I clestaned the carb!

I'll be sure to get it adjusted, unless someone is able to walk me though it/ point me to the info. I've never adjusted the carb without a tachometer, and that has been about 4-5 years ago. Some of what people talk about with the adjustments is a bit Greek to me, and some of it I get. I just got a carb rebuild kit for my 192t, and will need to adjust it, too.

A little help with the info, please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course you don't!
The 200 is wrapped up and boxed up, I'll have the wife print out shipping labels tonight, it should go out in the am. I'm going to ship it insured with delivery confirmation, unless you want otherwise.
I can't for the life of me find the spare bar I had, it will show up next time I clean the garage I guess? I hope you have a 14" bar on that 192, it not, you need to plan on buying one :lol:

I'll look forward to getting it. The 192 runs 3/8's Picco chain. I think that maybe the 200 is meant to have a stronger/ larger chain, no? I'll get it set up one way or the other. I've got a large dying Doug-fir to use it on next week sometime.

The chain you want is Stihl 63PMC-50 if you're running a 14" bar and 63PMC-55 if you're running a 16" bar. 3/8 lo profile pitch, .050 gauge.

The 192 usually comes with the .043 gauge narrow kerf chain, I think it's PMN something.

It will work since the drive sprocket is the same size, but you certainly won't be able to get the performance out of it that it is capable of.

In time, I will, though if I can wait on that expense, at least until I get my 192 put back together and running, once I attempt to install the carb kit, I would. I'll unload my Echo top-handle back-up saw once I have two running Stihl top handles.

It was suggested to me that the 14" has better balance with the 200t as compared to the 16". Thoughts?

IMO 14" is plenty. I can easily cut up to 18" wood with it if I want, anything more and I'll grab a bigger saw.

Trust me, you will have lots of options to try! Just take the bar off the 192t and try it with the 200t, this will give you 14" and 16" capabilities. Don't like the 14", you can sell the bar and chains.

Got checks from SOTC, Thattreeguy and Southsoundtree.
Now to wait and make sure Southsoundtree and Thattreeguy get their stuff in.

Indeed! Haven't heard a word about it, I'm curious as well!
I also found the 14" bar I couldn't find, let me know if you want it as well.

Back