Redneck climbing gear

Runs fine. Great shape.

I haven't been doing much work for myself since starting with State Parks 5-6 weeks ago. Phone has been dead since tax time, and our wettest spring in recorded weather history. We had our "normal" amount of April rain by April 5th.

I like it for removals, though I haven't had any big ones since getting it, which is where it will really shine. I like the 192T for pruning and less strain for one-handing (just thinking long-term, and have had wrist tendonitis in the past) which I do a lot for cutting and throwing conifer limbs.

I use an older 200t at "Parks" after which, a virtually new one will really shine.

I took both from my chip truck to in my P/U for a small job last week after "work" so I could have a back-up just in case. 25' pine removal--200 for felling, limbing, bucking, and the stump cut. If not for the 200t would have brought a bigger saw rather than doing all that with the 192t. Was just trying to go light and save room in the truck for firewood, with the brush going in the trailer.

On the note of 200t's, "Parks" had one that was older and not running great. My crew boss gave it to a Park Ranger to use, since it was "on its way out". She took it to a shop (or knew someone). Something to the effect of that person took it apart to get the bottom cover off (which wraps around the back and up to the top handle) which had become clogged from the exhaust, cleaned it, and it ran much better. What's that about? Common knowledge?

Our "Eastside" (of the Cascades) Arbor Crew boss had more time and took his apart and cleaned it after hearing about this from my boss. His runs better, too.

Seems like a poor design as you need to deal with all the linkages of the handle.

The muffler is on the bottom, you have to dissassemble alot of the outter plastic to get the muffler off and seperated. It is quite restricted so they probably did some work to it

Back