Rear Mount Bucket ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's cool your digging the new truck. Must be a labor saver with the material handler and all.

Ya I found one, when the owners new truck comes in his old one will be set free. Working on my class A CDL now, so I can drive the damned thing, and I am looking into a municipal job so it's a necessary. I drive myself crazy. :|:

I am looking for the aluminum thing for the capstan winch. Does anyone know where to get one? I was thinking of checking with my local utility company they have the same trucks.

Brendon,

You need a Class A to drive a bucket truck?

I can drive a tandem axle clam truck with only a Class B.

I understand the muni job requiring a Class A. Look out, get the muni job and Skwerl will think your a lazy, under qualified no gooder

I had a muni job and let them help me get my CDL as well as my ISA certification. It was a good stepping stone for me.

Paul, incoming PM with my NUECO/Altec parts guy contact info. I'm not sure but you may need an account with Altec to buy from him. You can ask and find out though, he sells used parts as well.

I need the class A for the log trailer hooked to the F350, and anything bigger for that matter. No point in just going for a B, just go for the whole shabang.

No pics, I don't count chickens before the eggs hatch. :)

I need the class A for the log trailer hooked to the F350, and anything bigger for that matter. No point in just going for a B, just go for the whole shabang.

No pics, I don't count chickens before the eggs hatch. :)
Looks like your eggs hatched! Lets see some pics and hear all about her!

From yesterday, thought this pic looked cool.

This thing has been a dream.

I ended up with 12' foldable ramps too. First test without grapple because I was skeered. It's fits perfect with the grapple on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZJZDeqao4Ow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• DSC00662.jpg
    DSC00662.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 38
Good thing you have 1/4" decking, they don't make em like that anymore;)

Is there a fastener on the ramp to truck point? Ramps make me nervous.

I bought two 1/4" pins with flat heads to slide through the ramp into the deck. I should drill those this weekend.

I've ate dirt loading into my 1 ton, not fun at all.

This guy had a bad day too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-l1-O7TyoPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chit happens .I kicked the ramps out once unloading a D4 Cat .The ramps were 4 by 12 oak ,not pinned .When the dozer blade hit the beaver tails of the trailer it sheared both of them off .That's close to 15,000 pounds dropping about 2 feet on to them .

I'm some dumb not plumb dumb and never since have I ever moved anything with unsecured ramps .

Judging by that video, I'd say someone's been looking at Avant videos!

Dude should have known better than stopping going down ramps. The machine lurched to a stop and kicked the ramp out.

Back