4x4 bucket.

Danthetree1

Treehouser
We are getting one to work with tomorrow. Anyone run one? General question since I dont know what rig we are getting yet.

Just because it has 4wd does not make it unstuckable. I have seen a 4wd 75' rear mount elevator crawl out of deep mud, not quite axel deep but deep mud, making a huge mess to clean up. And if it does get stuck it is no fun unsticking it. You can walk it out with the outriggers if you have enough cribbing and mats/plywood but you should have been using that in the first place soooo maybe you don't have that on hand, and need a tow $$$$$$$ with re sodding a yard $$$$$$$. They handle snow reasonably well but any ice or incline and you need chains.

I have a CMC 72hd and it handles mid shin deep snow on an incline well, very well.

An old employer had one, definitely got it stuck with some frequency. Had a hydraulic winch that got used pretty often to get us in and out of some spots. Definitely not gonna go the same places a 4x4 ton truck can. Long, heavy, stiff suspension and stiff tires. That being said, it's the only way to go in the mountains. 2wd wouldn't even get in alot of driveways here.

Last edited:
The incline was tripping it's safe travel lock out so above 17% grade. I was all set up to pull with the mini if need be but it was good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, we are on a large drip line clearing a small feeder line next to it. Its decent flat and a good access road next to it. The last crew that had the truck put her in a hole...FIRED. The wench cable is busted, and there is only about 30ft of cable left on it. We are going to be fine. I have to get out of it none the less. Some of these pines are 100 ft. Trim to the sky. Thanks guys. I didn't know what to expect. I love the truck.

Back