Rear Mount Bucket ?

I think you meant you have a "Spicer". ;)

The Spicer 6+1 is a good tranny, usually; they stuff them behind the DT466E.

That's the same combo I have inmy truck. Good tranny. Takes a bit to get used to how close the gears are. Downshifting especially!!

Most flatlanders can start right out in 3rd. Lucky bastids.

I use all ten of my gears. Frickin' row-fest. :roll:

Must be nice to just punch a button, eh Skwerl? :P

Often times on road side contracts you are required to have flashing or strobe lights visible from 360 degrees.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to bid town work when the bucket arrives.

They don't seem to have rules though, No PPE on site, town guys yawning and on their cells phones, logs flying.

Our town has gotten quite effiecient at cleaning up tree removals. I really like the arrangement we have going with them. Up until 3 years ago they didn't have a set of rules for contracted tree crews. Nor did their crew have any ppe.

No only 4 now. Haha.
I worked them pretty hard on this last removal. They had trailers on rotation for logs and a big grapple truck for brush. They had every pick cleaned up before we set the next one down.

They had trailers on rotation for logs and a big grapple truck for brush. They had every pick cleaned up before we set the next one down.

Uh, I would hope so with that line up.

Bren, town work here pays super low. Not worth it even to "keep busy"

Wish we could get away with that, we purchase a road closure permit for 90% of our craners and also pay for road barricades. Life in the big city. Naturally,, these costs are passed along.........

City work is good to have here. It pays well too. Quite a few hoops to jump through just to qualify though so it keeps out most of the riff-raff. Notice I said most, I slipped through somehow. Lol.

The truck is working great! The material handler is awesome too. I had a good size ash with a couple hangers and just tied them off and cut and lifted them right out. It worked slick and saved a buch of time. You find one yet brendon?

Paul, be very careful rigging off the material handler. I will only 'catch' smaller green limbs that I can just top cut and let them break over slowly without shock loading the boom. Most of the time I will use a rope sling to tie the limb off to itself and cut it. Then once it's hanging I will attach a loop runner to hook the hanging limb to the material handler, lift to remove slack, remove my rigging sling and then move the limb to the ground.

Also be careful of limbs getting wedged up under the winch where all the hoses are. Those low pressure hoses will snap if hit hard enough and that will leave you stuck until someone on the ground can lower you using the lower controls. I gave you the part number for the brass compression couplers you can buy at Lowe's to fix those low pressure lines. Keep a few on the truck with two 9/16" wrenches and a good pair of diagonal cutters for snipping the lines clean.

I'm glad it's working out for you. They are amazing trucks with some minor but very important limitations.

Back