Reality Show - 4 Boston Tree Services

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/big-bad-wood/

About the Show

From power lines to irate neighbors, urban tree cutters encounter things that the forest loggers wouldn't dream of. Big Wood follows four urban tree-trimming companies in the greater Boston area. Tree Tech has millions of dollars worth of equipment and is one of the largest tree cutting companies in all of New England. Specialized Rigging and Tree Care are old school and take down trees with nothing more then a rope, pulley and a chipper. American Climbers are the cowboys of the bunch and there’s no tree too big or too challenging for these guys to tackle. All Season Tree Service are a tight knit group and consider themselves like family. Their motto is “if you don’t fit in, you gotta go.” Every day is different, and each job presents a whole new set of obstacles. Up in the tree, there are no second chances. One wrong move could cost them thousands of dollars in property damage… or even their lives.

Any of our Bostonians recognize the company names?

There was one about a fat guy who never wore a shirt that owned a car junkyard. I couldn't believe it. I think it's already been canceled.

It's an Axmen knock off, another show giving arborists a bad name. The tv company paying them to create a bunch of drama.

yeah, I am one of the biggest fans ever of tree work and logging, yet these shows are sooo boring and unwatchable.

Not even enough interest to click on a preview, here.

And with all due respect, I don't think what minute publicity this show may generate will have any effect whatsoever, adverse or otherwise, on our industry.

And imagine having a show on bean town tree svcs without involving Mayer or Marquis. Pitiful. Um, or are they only outside of Boston?

Trust me, that will be an extremely small (and hard to see, on tv) part of the whole presentation. They will highlight personality conflicts, mishaps, breakdowns, problems, and dangers that aren't really.

Great!:roll:
I wonder if it will be as bad as all the rest. Maybe there will be an influx of crappy kids who all want to be Tree Guys.
I am with you Jay, we have a Tv but it is never on, and I mean never. I am happy to see a playoff game or cooking show once a yr.

Our company would make a great reality show, a comedy no less.

The Plot: Wrong Chip Pile
The idiot: Box Truck Driver
The Task: Chip pile of debris
The Story:

The box truck driver picked up his work order on Monday to do on Tuesday. He knows what neighborhood it is in but does not take the work order when he goes to chip the pile. He finds a random pile of debris in the neighborhood and chips it. NO, you freaking idiot, that is not the pile we will get paid for. Take the damn work order so you know where to go. (forgive my french)

<iframe width="640" height="391" src="http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/big-bad-wood/videos/go-home-goat/embed/" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's weird. I cannot see anything from my iPad, but on the desktop it works.
Yes Jay that was from the "reality" show in ques. :|:

Back