Rborist!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good luck with them getting back to you now.

Well they're the one's selling sh-t, if they don't get back to me I won't buy nothing from them no loss on my behalf. The salesman was brutal last time I won't be putting up with that.

Hey Squish, talk to Dave at TNT, he sorted my 905 out for me. A thoroughly nice chap to deal with.....and no, he didn't pay me to say that.

It's just the border thing is all, I mean you would think that I could buy one directly from the factory(here in Canada Saskatchewan) cheaper than buying one that's been exported to the States and then brought back into Canada. But who knows?

Heh normally I'm quite tolerant of salespeople I realize that's their job. But I asked this guy repeatedly to knock off the high pressure sales and he still wouldn't let it go. Schmuck.

Was the price quote in US dollars or canadian? It sounded high to me as I bought a Vermeer 600tx (track machine w/ 25h kuboda deis) for 20K tax and all. It only had 7 hrs on it too.

Price quote from the original post was cdn dollars.

I'm open to and interested to know costs and experiences with other mini's too.

Although they aren't made anymore, I can't complain about my Thomas. Looking at the Ramrods at the TCIA show, I was not impressed to much. One of the main things was the externally mounted hydraulic cooling fan on the side of the machine, made of plastic. If that was on my Thomas it would have gotten ripped off by now. Also, a secret source was telling us one of his clients had both the Ramrod and Thomas, and the client said the Thomas out performed the Ramrod. If you can find a used Thomas, I'd consider it, I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Gas+oil and go.

Vanderbilt01032.jpg

If he coughs up the tape I'll deal with him :D . Jk'ing. I just wonder how he could sell it to me cheaper than the factory? I'm gathering prices though and I'll definetly give him a call. Last I had talked with him he was just getting into it and so wasn't sure if it had worked out for him or not.

Craigster is back? Where's he been? Frozen in a snowbank, or down in Calgary "Flames"? LOL!

Is the Chuckster back? Where's he been? Did he get abducted by a group of buxom female aliens to help repopulate their planet?

Looking at the Ramrods at the TCIA show, I was not impressed to much. One of the main things was the externally mounted hydraulic cooling fan on the side of the machine, made of plastic. If that was on my Thomas it would have gotten ripped off by now.

Brendon was that an option or something? Here's a link to a machine I've been drooling over and it looks quite well guarded to me. Maybe a guard was off or something?

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5923279&GUID=98bf97f87edc4d53824ce6524f03ce6b

The 905 mounts its Optional oil cooler on the side. On the 950 its completely guarded in. Thomas copied the early 800 series ramrod to get their design. Its not even in the same league as a 950.

Is the Chuckster back? Where's he been? Did he get abducted by a group of buxom female aliens to help repopulate their planet?

Funniest thing about that, OM, is my stepdad long ago wrote a book about pretty much that same thing. It was called The Girls From Planet Five. I actually in junior high school wrote a book report about it. Needless to say, the teacher was less than impressed by it! :O

The 950 Ramrod is standard width of 42"s but can be made 36"s wide with narrower tires, anyone here have any thoughts on this?

We were going to outfit them with duals, like the small stump grinders. That way it would only take 2 minutes to go from wide to narrow.

Back