Purpose of dynamic cabling system

• Thread starter Bounce
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 4K

What is the purpose of a dynamic cabling system?

• To prevent broken parts of the tree from hitting the ground

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah- it's a crappy picture and you can't really see much. The ring probably is hanging about 3-4" lower than the where the ropes attach to each branch.

How much slack are y'all putting into your systems?

ive only ever installed static cable systems, and i only use those to address structural defects not likely to improve over time. i would like to know more about dynamic systems and where they get applied. i agree with those here who say, if the limb/head/tree is so risky that the intent of the cable is catching it when it breaks, i would see it removed.

How about another voting option: to allow lawyers to sue us when said systems fail!

Thats where the discussion of calling it a system to 'prevent' failure vs 'redirect' a failure comes to play. The last consult I did we decided a cabling system was best suited to the tree, it had a hollow trunk and rather than allow further movement of the joint we decided a static system would likely be best, using multiple attachment points (sort of like Nicks latest) in order to help direct a failure away from the target, should it fail..

I was just emptying out the ol' memory on the phone and came across this video. When going out on a consult, I'll do a video to remind me what to put down on the estimate when I get home later that night. This one shows the work being done, but also gives you an idea of the space we were working with.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPoushzYz5c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPoushzYz5c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back