Predator 2007

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 407
  • Views 37K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No Problem Jeff, Your on for the Predator or any other saw I have. 088kd, 3120kd, 655bp and a 046kd...You can takem all for a test drive and that is a promise. :thumbup:

And Gary, I know you have something up your sleave an don't try and BS me into thinking you dont. I know darn well you are comming out to hand me my A$$ on a silver platter, but my sleaves are full also :P :P :P

Rotax Robert

Should I build it

Thinking about starting a new project. Here is what I am thinking.

I thought the Predator could use a tow vehicle for parades etc. I am thinking about building another engine identicle in every way to the Predator and stuffing it in a lawnmower. I could then put the Predator on a small trailer and tow it around for parades etc.

Also I would'nt mind using it for lawnmower drags and lawnmower tractor pulls.
Just a thought but I am thinking it would be one hell of a cool toy.

Rotax Robert 8)

That would be hella cool, and from a practical standpoint, it'd be nice to have one engine platform to work with, as far as parts availability and supply. But I doubt the tow vehicle would run as hard as the saw, huh?

It'd be hard to catch traction in a mower with that much power wouldn't it? I'd think it'd almost be too much, and would maybe think of a rear or center mount. I dunno....just thinking out loud.

I am thinking about building another engine identicle in every way to the Predator and stuffing it in a lawnmower. I could then put the Predator on a small trailer and tow it around for parades etc.

Also I would'nt mind using it for lawnmower drags and lawnmower tractor pulls.
Just a thought but I am thinking it would be one hell of a cool toy.

Rotax Robert 8)
I actually saw the very early turboed version of that Buck engine on a mini puller once.It sounded odd pulling against 350 Chevys running headers because going through the turbro muffled most of the sound.

It'd be hard to catch traction in a mower with that much power wouldn't it? I'd think it'd almost be too much, and would maybe think of a rear or center mount. I dunno....just thinking out loud.
You would be surprised how much a mini puller can pull.Using a transfer sled they use the same rolling traction theory that the 12,000 pound unlimited pullers use.I wouldn't be a bit surprised that their hole shots are spinning the tires at 100 miles per hour.Ha,I pulled the antiques and the tractor in high gear would barely make 20 MPH.

For those who wanna see the Predator in action, country fried home videos is airing the episode that fishkillsthingswithwood and myself are in on Saturday 10/13 @ 11:30 pm and again on Sunday 5:00 pm on country music television

Yah somebody please record this and get it up on you tube or something where I can check it out. I have no tv reception/hook-up.

another cut

this is from a couple of years ago I think, Got a bunch of new vids from other shows people sent me but they zipper'd them ofr something like that. Anyway here it is.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFGva6ZS4fU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFGva6ZS4fU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ha, I just fugured out how tap into the PA system here at work and sent them some audio of the Predator tearing through a log, and yes I had it cranked.

Nah, they aint gunna fire me, one of the jacks that plugs into the mic and speakers just happens to be next to my puter. Besides the guys liked it. oh yeah, about 300 people

Just have to make them sing together. when they're tuned right, a pair of saws will sing to you (any pair) 088/84...088/066...088/046 they did not like my 088/3120 combo cuz the 3120 has a problem with its jug, kinda a two piece, but it is way friggin fast. Of all the doubles out there, mine sound just a little bit different, and no I aint fuelin them. It has to be a match. Not braggin to much here, but it aint bad when you can take a 088 and 046 (both kd wood saws) against a pair 090's (race saws) and hand them thier a$$ on a silver platter

It suprises me that a saw can operate upside down. I've always found a saw that was sitting upside down hard as hell to start.

Funny how the season ended only a month or so ago and I am already getting a itchy trigger finger.

Double Ender

here is a pic sent to me out of the blue. I aint never seen this one. This goes back about 5 or 6 years 088/084 paired up. These saws rocked

Predator on TV

The Predator will be on TV 11-08-07 at 6pm on country music television "CMT"

Back