Pinto climbing system

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
For those of you who still Ddrt, this is how I have been climbing lately. This is not my main climbing system but my short line that I use on smaller trees. It has work out really slick and I like how you dont need a spliced eye to use this and you still get many of the advantages of the Hitch Climber. Anyone else tried this?

2012-10-11_09-06-17_627.jpg 2012-10-11_09-06-27_246.jpg

ive been using the pinto as hitch tender for a while. i really like it. for several reasons, i dont like spliced eyes on my climb lines. usually i use a modified o-rig system. works real nice.<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pO8jN6fi2R8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PUL110.jpg

Pretty!

I saw this post this morning before I left and ran it on my short line on a small plum prune. No complaints at all.. I couldn't tell the difference between the hitchclimber and just the pinto.

You definitely need to use an oval biner to be able to fit both eyes of the hitch outside of the pinto - knotted eyes anyway... maybe you could stuff a couple spliced eyes in there to make the setup more compact.

Everyone should have a pinto they really are super useful!

Back