Pfanner Protos Integral Helmet

Great production quality on those last couple vids, Nick. You shoulda made a stop at QVC for a few days on your way to treestuff. :)

Is the screen metal or plastic?
Can you get replacement suspensions/guts? for when it gets to stinky or wears out?.
What is the guarantee?
How much are the replacement muffs and screen?
Can you give the minimum size head measurement and th maximum? Kids and adults

Thanks Nick for you efforts well done!

Nick, not too much...very good video...y'all did a fine job. BOTS got it right...lots of info there, some I did not expect such as about the ear muffs. Glad to hear the muffs can be removed so easily. I want to be able to use it for rock climbing, too...and rec climbing without muffs. Good explanation about the one touch skull locking system, too...that looks very comfortable.

I like my current logging helmet because of the built in muffs but it is a hassle to climb in...kind of clunky. The Protos looks like the real deal.

If they ever drop to 200 bucks, I'd consider getting the white/gray model.

Star-Wars-A-New-Hope-Stormtrooper-Helmet.jpg

Bonner what’s the chance of a Paul’s helmet comm. being able to install in these? I had previously taken one off a Kask to see if it would mount up well to my Pacific helmet but no because of a rounding lip on helmet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bonner what’s the chance of a Paul’s helmet comm. being able to install in these? I had previously taken one off a Kask to see if it would mount up well to my Pacific helmet but no because of a rounding lip on helmet.

We believe it will work. I am going to do it up next week. A 10r unit will work for sure but thats a last resort.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Review by Dustin Bean
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mcytaA1VmGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i broke down and got one. Way expensive. hard to do but I wanted muffs so bad. The earplugs were not doing it for me. they get dirty, I lose em then dont end up wearing them. conventional mufss just dont work in a tree. I dont know how people wear those ear muffs and climb. Donwright impossible for me. So I bought em. Im broke now but hopefully my hearing will thank me in the long run. The muffs work great and they dont catch on every branch and rope haning in the tree as I climb. Takes some adjusting. I am really worried some little plastic piece is going to break and render the whole helmet useless. I have a couple of fine petzle helmets that just need new guts but i cant replace just the guts or can I? anyway. im happy for now although sort of like a sucker for having a $300 helmet on my head. good thing i cant see myself in it either cause im sure it makes me look like a poseur.

Back