Petzl Sequoia saddle

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 150
  • Views 18K
F

Frans

Posted this over at the buzz but they seem more interested in other stuff...

Got a call yesterday from my friend who works there. He said the saddles have come in.
I will head up there next week and pick one up. This saddle, (yes I know it is just yet another saddle) could be a good one.

I will probably buy a new saddle this year. Mostly what I am looking for in a saddle is space for two safties on the side D rings and comfort. If they made this saddle with bigg D's I'd consider it. I may not get what I want and have to do with small side d's as I have been for years. That saddle seems to have alot of gear loops which I like, best saddle I've seen for the price.
Hands down Petzl consumers are extreme

I was tempted to go that route Frans, but I am waiting for Wesspur to get them in. Live local, buy local. Besides I'm trying out this TreeAustria3 and really digging it.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the TreeAustria is one of the few saddles which is made well and incorporates the modern climbing styles.

As for large 'D' rings, I just cant use a saddle anymore with the large Ds. Over the years, I kept hitting my 'funny bone' when handsawing. Now when that happens my arm just goes dead for awhile.

The smaller Ds stay out of my way

Tree austria 3???? Never heard of it. Post a pic!

I just got me a new TA1 couple weeks ago. I had one for about 2 yrs, then switched to the BF2, now im back on the TA. That butterfly sucked eggs. I hate the small ring in front. Not very acomodating for two biners. Doubtfull Ill ever use it again.

I liked the BF....

and I immediately changed the small ring out for a larger one.

My last two saddles have been the Tree Austria Duo. But at my current rate of climbing, I won't need another saddle in this lifetime. I'd still like a pic of the TA3 though.
:D

The 'TA3' is still a prototype altho Fresco was selling a few at the last TCIA.
The design is still under review and the final construction will be altered according to Friedrich.

This a prototype TA3, So far I have no complaints at all. Gotta love big D's:) There are a couple of sewn loops at each end of the bridge that I ain't to clear on the idea. Other than that it is light, good support, hangs good for srt.

Attachments

• 2008 phot 012.jpg
    2008 phot 012.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2008 phot 013.jpg
    2008 phot 013.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2008 phot 014.jpg
    2008 phot 014.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 7
Is the bridge replaceable on this one? The only reason I retired my first TA was because of wear on the bridge. My second one is still in good shape only bacause I don't use it very often.

I will probably buy a new saddle this year. Mostly If they made this saddle with bigg D's I'd consider it.
-------------------------------

Xtremetrees,

I too prefer the larger D's on the side. I find the bigger D's easier to work with while wearing gloves, (cooler weather).

I still use the versitile saddle by Buckingham. I had to special order it with the larger D's on the side. Think it cost me an extra $20.00 and was worth it IMO.

HC

I am waiting for Wesspur to get them in
We got 'em in Friday last week Wiley, although you probably won't see them on our website for a while yet.

Well Hell's Tinklin' Bells. I'll see you in the am brother. Gotta have a high speed side by side going for the comparison.:D

The first batch of Sequoias will be provided with the new larger 'caritool'!
This will be for a limited time only

I am looking forward to picking mine up.
Maybe by the end of the week I will have the time to drive up there and get it.

Seems like if one could get their mitts on those sequoia openable rings, you could hack saw the old rings off, then replace them and a the old bridge with the new replaceable rings.

love
nick

Seems like if one could get their mitts on those sequoia openable rings, you could hack saw the old rings off, then replace them and a the old bridge with the new replaceable rings.

love
nick

When I pick up the saddle I will check and see just how they created these opening rings.

I am curious to see if they inserted a hardened sleeve which the screw goes into, or if they just tapped/cut threads into the ring.
Also if the rings are the same diameter and thickness as the regular ones.
I have a bunch of rings and will make some of my own.

I have a feeling they do have a sleeve and I also think they had to put something else by the threads so that the aluminum thread doesn't just "let go" of the bolt in a pull.

Just a hunch...

love
nick

went and picked up the Sequoia yesterday. Didn't get back from work in time to try it out, hopefully after the bucket job this am, I can work it some today. I did notice that the removable rings don't have a big enough gap for anything except webbing. So maybe no cord bridges? I will try and sew a bridge this weekend on the Pfaff, see if I can get the stitch pattern right.

Back