Old Monterey Cypress

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I learned the boomerang shot by accident. Pulling on the line to get the weight back for another shot. When the timing is too late you end up wrapping the line and weight around the limb its over. When timed just right the weight will do it's thing, come back at you.

Man, does it save time in rigging limbs and setting ropes in far off places.

I never heard it called a 'boomerang' but I learned a lot of the same moves by experimenting and trying to isolate a limb with the throwline. The more you practice, the better you get. :)

Jerry, which helmet cam are you using? The POV-1 is the one I'm leaning toward, unless I can find another that is close in quality and features for less dinero...

Great video, gnarly trees!! Thanks for sharing!

I saw bodean's video. What's the market like for monterey logs, if they are reasonably straight and sound?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brian, About 20 years ago a friend of mine called it the boomerang shot and the name stuck ever since.

Roger, My helmet cam is a standard NTSC 480 line bullet (lipstick) camera mounted on my helmet with industrial Velcro. The cables connect to a Sony digital 8 mini tape deck, I carry in my backpack. I use a button control (called a Lanc) to pause and record the deck. The quality of the video and audio is up there with the best, but it doesn't come through as well in you tube.

Back