Cranes are now old skool

I had the same assumption Brian. Looked like a pretty narrow street with limited access to me.
I would hate to think what permitting would cost us State side to bring a chopper into a neighborhood though:\:

Too bad the climber could'nt get a lift to the top of the tree ;)

Does anybody know what kind of tree that was?
It looked like a picea omorica aka. serbian spruce ( I think!!) with those hanging branches, but I don't think they grow that big.

In the title on the youtube page its says "... vecchio pino..." Which I managed to translate to 'old pine'

I would love to do that. I like the fact that the pieces can be dropped across town and processed there, In minutes. The whole flying a heli around a neighborhood would get you a shitload of business, if they could afford it. A client of mine used to ask me about using heli for this work, he thought it was a great idea. He even found a company about 90 miles from us.

That was sketchy, it sure seemed like.

Pretty sure that was a spruce---rough bark on those branches. He's lucky, with all those droopers, he didn't get scraped up as the picks were lifted up and away.

Yup, I'd been cutting as high as I coulda reached...then ducked down quick.

Looks fun...but a little close to the house for good control. Someone musta had a radio

What was that, the most expensive tree removal ever?

Way cool.

That tree was a Canadian Redwood, they're all over Europe now, brought there by Wellington the English Duke. (aka Wellingtonian tree) Big and nasty to work on. And for some reason many were planted close up to houses...I guess they didn;t think they'd grow...but they do!

whats a canadian redwood? never heard of such a critter here, in Canada....
Google says: Wellingtonia is AKA Sequioa gigantea, not many of those north of the 49th parallel.

That tree was a Canadian Redwood, they're all over Europe now, brought there by Wellington the English Duke. (aka Wellingtonian tree) Big and nasty to work on. And for some reason many were planted close up to houses...I guess they didn;t think they'd grow...but they do!

They can't be ALL over Europe, I have never encountered one!
Maybe further south?

Back