Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Tomtgetreeman on TreeBuzz bought the chipper, Gigi.

Thanks for the invite, Pat! (Texting now)

Fair bit of a drive, Butch. When I get back to the homeland I'll R&R a day or two then I'm off to KY with the loader for Adrian then up to MN to Dave's to pick up the new loader.

Drive safe, Carl.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0janfcZ8LUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blew a head gasket and/or the egr cooler on my truck. Got the chipper delivered and the trailer picked up, but I'm currently stranded at Brendon's.

Working out possible solutions, not really stressing over it aside from needing to help Treesmith get a tree off a house, the loader to Adrian, and pick up the new loader at Dave's.

white smoke out of the exhaust or pushing coolent out of the degas bottle?

Like I said, I'm not worried about it.

Yes white smoke and the degas bottle is whistling. It hydro locked while sitting. My cousin is on his way from Independence, VA to pick the truck, trailer, and myself up.

It'll cost about $3-4k to get fixed, $1700 in labor.

good luck, I'm decent on the ford/international diesels let me know if I can help.

I would do the work myself, but for $1700 I would rather not.

I've already replaced the STC fitting and the dummy plugs/stand pipes in this truck. My 550 already has that as well as studs and Bullet Proof's EGR cooler.

sucks to be broke down out of town, but it sounds like you'll have all the things that break on those trucks handled at least,

Made it to Virginia, Heather is bringing the 550 up tomorrow evening/Sat morning and we'll haul it back. Goes in the shop Monday, ordered $1800 in parts that will be there Tuesday.

It's been so hot, when I get home all I can think about is beer. Yesterday I immediately took two out of the refrig and dropped them into the freezer. After a quick shower one degree of difference matters! It's pretty sick.

This afternoon I will be taking off to NC to pick up another hood for my Mustang. I put hood pins in my current hood and didn't like the way they came out. I got a deal on a hood so I'm going to pick it up. I'll stop by and see Scott while I'm in the area and probably crash on his couch for a night.

My options for carrying the hood were either in the bed of my pickup or installed on my Mustang. I want to take the Mustang so I've removed my current hood and will be driving up without it, then install the new hood up there for the drive back.

IMG_2197.jpg

I'll be driving mostly at night so it shouldn't be an issue. I haven't checked each and every state but in SC it is not illegal to drive without a hood.

We've decided to spend about 10 days in September exploring southern Utah. Zion, Bryce, Escalante, etc. Anyone have any tips to share or suggestions for special hikes or places to go and things to see? How about special lodging and dining? Neither of us have been there before so any suggestions are appreciated!

First thing, go get a copy of the "Roadside Geology of Utah" by Halka Chronic, (ISBN: 0-87842-228-5) and the same for each state you'll be travelling through ("Roadside Geology of <insert state name here">.

We did that trip 21 years ago, and though Bryce, Zion, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, etcetera were amazing, driving between them all is utterly awesome with these books. It is organized by mile-marker on every major two-lane road highway and larger. The books provide all you need to know about the major parks and what to see at each one and what you are seeing and driving along in between from a geological perspective.

One road in particular from Arches toward Zion is actually an old river bed that molten basalt coursed down. Today it is the highest elevation, everything else being eroded away through the millennia,, so you're driving this twisting, turning two-lane that is a knife-edge, looking way down on the rest of Utah on either side of you!

Back