Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Jersey to Germany to Bangalore

Just arrived in Frankfurt, Germany; crying babies made the plane ride pretty unbearable... My fiance, Meg, and i are on our way to Bangalore, India to meet her extended family and shop for our wedding which will be in Jersey this coming August. Ill still be around during the trip though.... You guys stay safe!

P.S. I have this habit of whistling the national anthem when i am in international airports, meg says that why people hate americans. I say they dont hate us from hearing me whistle it but from hearing it so much at this little thing i call the Olympics and my whistling is just a reminder of who wins what! :lol:

I was on a flight back from Asia to the states once, and there was a couple that were bringing back like four or five Korean infants that were being adopted. Everyone in the area took turns holding the babies, they were so adorable. I will always remember that flight. I don't recall much crying, maybe because they received so much attention.

Don't know what I was thinking, but when my son was an infant, I gave him the tiniest sip of sake. He spit it right back up with some other stuff..kind of foamy. His system went 'tilt'.

Just be thankful that you weren't the parent. ;>)

Butch, its the baby that is thankful i wasnt the parent. :)

In all seriousness it wasnt that bad i guess i was just really tired when i posted... The flight from Frankfurt to bangalore was even longer though...BUT we are here and its pretty awesome. I will probly be a bit heavier when i return. Megs family isnt really happy unless i have a fork in one hand and bread in another.

I am off to another island this weekend! Marco Island, on the west coast of Florida. I am hoping to catch a redfish!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Aloha, I am outta here for a good while. Read y'all on the beach now and then.

We are getting off the rock today, headed to West Palm Beach International Race Track, going to watch some drag racing. Some of the top NHRA drag racers are doing trials before the start of the season. It is going to be loud and fun!! It's about a 4 hour ride from Marathon.

The wife and I are taking a little trip next weekend down through east TX to Corpus Christi and then back up through San Antonio. Leaving Thursday, don't know precise route. Any suggestions for must sees on a tight budget? Since we finally got snow this week, it is time to leave. Was in the 50's for a couple days last week.

That is part of our plans Burnham. Also a stroll on the beach at Corpus. Will be visiting one of my online students in Dallas area. Plan on a trip through the Piney Woods.

Big burn here, from this past summer.

The Texas coast always leaves me a little cold...it catches a lot of drift litter from the Gulf. Just spoils a beach to see all that trash. The city of Corpus Christi used to do a good job of daily cleanups along the boardwalk seawall area, that was nice to see. Been a while since I've been there, maybe 10 years now that I think about it.

Back