Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
On the road again - OPPS - PLANE

Cali here i come - right where the redwood that grow are fun. we're climbing and dine'n - such a wonderful time

back in a few days - OH MY

I'm home finally. Truck started misfiring in the last 60-75 miles or so. Think I lost one of the coils (Ford has 8 coils, one for each plug). Will get it looked at in a day or two. good to be home. :)

6700 miles, clocked on the GPS. Had over 104K miles on the truck before I started and now it's over 111K.
Fuel economy was about 17.25 mpg when I checked it (only checked two times).

Glad your home Brian. Been there with that 5.4 Ford. The code reader should tell which coil pack failed........be prefpared to start losing one about every 5000 miles until all are replaced....or bite the bullet and change them all now. You don't have that many miles on the truck so you MAY just have lost one with time before any others go. If it is the back one on the passenger side bank it is especially likely to just be that one ( it is positioned where tiny coolant leaks kill it according to my mechanic.

Skwerl,

Another possibility is a bad plug wire(s). Was it raining out the last leg of your trip?

Start it when it is damp and dark and look for a light show.

If you put them on get a tube of dielectric silicone. They give you a wimpy little package when you buy them, but a tube is easier and usefull for light sockets, trailer plugs, etc.

There are no "real" plug wires on that truck, just a spring off the coil. Every plug has a coil mounted above it. Odd deal, but works well.

Glad you made it alright Brian! I imagine you have had your fill of people for a year or so:lol:

Sorry I missed you, Leon. I don't know why we didn't think to invite you up to Canon City for dinner or something while I was there. Even with all my travels so far, there's still more Treehousers I'd like to meet.

No worries Brian, I have a feeling there will be more gtg's, and I will endeavor to show up next time.

It's always feels good to get home after a long trip. Good to see ya made it ok. Hope it's nothing to expensive on your truck. It was good meeting you and B/S ing for awhile. Next time you will have to come out to the farm and check out fly the spider and go fishing in the watershed out back.

Do I need to call the bartender and get a number for him:lol:

That poor kid, he's probably still thinking of how to get me back:lol:

Good to hear you are home safe Sqwerl, how bout LJ and the others, everyone back in their burg?

Pete and I arrived home after the week at the FS climbing training, then spent one day hanging out on the porch resting up and visiting with my wife. Sunday I took him up to see Timberline Lodge and Mt. Hood, and this morning I kicked him out at the curb in front of PDX at 0500.

He's off on an 18 hour trip back to UK, and I'm at work again.

Back