Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
throw out the welcome sign and turn on all the lights he may head that way.

I have the gear on the table and the jeans in the bag - OH wait I am wearing those.

it is thursday yet?

I'm in my motel room in Gallup, New Mexico for the evening. Going to grab a shower and a decent meal, then I'll see if I have any decent pictures of the Texas/ New Mexico desert. That bed is looking mighty inviting though.

I'm glad you got that laptop Brian! Fisherman's wharf is good for a laugh, some interesting stuff, and some real weirdos!

Not sure what the Grants are, but I got some bad pictures of Texas and NM. What I could see in the distance didn't show in the pictures.

Texas is surprisingly boring. Even the Eastern part around Dallas/ Ft Worth was unappealing IMO. What trees they had were small, and there were very few trees west of Ft. Worth. New Mexico has some pretty terrain but no trees at all. I don't think I've seen any taller than 25' in the last 800 miles.

The last one with the rainbow was just as I was pulling into the motel parking lot. 8)

Wish I was more in your path Brian... But I will see you there bud.
BTW you would have to swing more North in NM to see the bigger trees on the way to Colorado ;) Ask Leon... HAHAA

Carl is asleep upstairs at my house. Talked to Brian this afternoon and he is scheduled to be rolling in tomorrow afternoon. I took Carl to my Godson's place of work for a tour this afternoon. He works for Schilling Robotics in Davis and they make remote operated submarines.

Good vibes Ste, keep an eye on the young man but I bet he will be heeled and behaved. :)

Brian, Grants was the town 60 miles before you reached Gallup (basically the only place other than Gallup with multiple lodging choices between Albq. and the Az line). Unfortunately for tourists (good for truckers I suppose since some scenery can make roads crooked) I 40 is routed through the most boring scenery in TX, N.M. and AZ. There is lots of cool stuff to the north and south of the I.(mostly south of it in TX)

Back