Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Don't be too excited about breakfast. Ryans/ Fire Mountain shut down breakfast. All that's left is Shoneys, and they can be hit or miss a lotta times.

No, I'm stopping. I'm in Ocala right now, stopped for a late lunch. If I drive straight through I'd be at your place at 2am, so I'm taking my time.

I like this wifi stuff! :P

Drive safe Brian and have the time of your life! It is fun being connected when you are traveling, isn't it!

I am looking at my 14 or 15 hour drive and thinking it is a long haul. I think I would feel different if I hadn't ever been to this part of the country.

How so, Darin?

I'm eyeballing flights/car rentals now, I can drive to Bham (2 hours) and fly for $288, and get there Monday. Trying to see if I can reasonably get a vehicle.

How so, Darin?

I'm eyeballing flights/car rentals now, I can drive to Bham (2 hours) and fly for $288, and get there Monday. Trying to see if I can reasonably get a vehicle.

Gary was getting some good car rates from Hotwire,
My flight from Mpls was 320 RT

Skwerl drive safe - is MB ridin out with you?

See you in the big trees

Hah! I've been caught!

I just finished a late dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and it took me about 30-40 minutes to find a good signal. I'm starting to learn the tricks.

300 miles to Butch's place. I'll goof off for a little while then head off. :)

How so, Darin?

There are some very pretty parts of my drive to California and then there is a heck of a lot of high desert. It just means I'll have to bore my guys with a good book on tape. They don't read books so much so it might be painful for them.

There are some very pretty parts of my drive to California and then there is a heck of a lot of high desert. It just means I'll have to bore my guys with a good book on tape. They don't read books so much so it might be painful for them.

Utah ? i LOVE uTAH

Hey Darin, I could send you some CD's to help pass the time. Let's see, I've got "Church Beliefs", "The Truth", "The Holy Eucharist."

Oh, here's a good one, "Former Satanist Becomes Catholic."

I am sure my mormon kid can score some stimulating CD's on mormonism. I can find out what planet Jesus lives on. You should get the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis to round out your collection. I think we'll be listening to Treasure Island on the way out.

I'm just west of Dallas. Stopped at Starbucks to grab an overpriced cup of burnt coffee and get online, only to find out their wifi isn't free. :roll: I found a free hotspot at Staples though. I did manage to blow up Starbuck's bathroom before I left. :/:

I think I'm going to boogie on out to Cali and spend a couple days sightseeing out there. Golden Gate Bridge, the Presidio, Alcatraz, etc. I'm sorry Deva won't be available to show me around a little, but he has more important things to deal with this week. Best wishes, bro.

OK, I'm getting back on the road again. I'm definitely getting a motel room tonight though, I need to kick my feet up and relax a little. I'll be back online this evening. Hopefully I'll be out of Tejas by then.
:)

I'm just west of Dallas. Stopped at Starbucks to grab an overpriced cup of burnt coffee and get online, only to find out their wifi isn't free. :roll: I found a free hotspot at Staples though. I did manage to blow up Starbuck's bathroom before I left. :/:

I think I'm going to boogie on out to Cali and spend a couple days sightseeing out there. Golden Gate Bridge, the Presidio, Alcatraz, etc. I'm sorry Deva won't be available to show me around a little, but he has more important things to deal with this week. Best wishes, bro.

Those three places are all right next to each other. And for the record I think their coffee is burnt also.

Back