Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
I'm off for the next week down to FS Bay area with my wife to look in on her parents...MIL just had 90th birthday this spring!

I won't be online until Thursday next week.

Behave, now!
:D

So the Bay Area is Forest Service issue now? Have a good trip. We'll be going out there soon for a wedding.

Well, we have been having the time of our lives here in the Exuma's. We saw the pigs, but not on Thursday as planned. The four hour boat ride to get there was not as planned either, the weather did not cooperate. Rained almost all day.We stopped on the island where the pigs were, and our guide oinked for them (hahahaha) and he and I searched for them, but they must have been hunkered down somewhere on the island, cause they did not come out.

We ended up getting stranded on one of the out islands because of the weather. The plan was to see the pigs and Thunderball Grotto, have lunch and head back. Didn't happen, we ended up staying on Staniel Cay for the night and saw the pigs the next morning. Fun, fun, fun. Aggressive things they were! hahhahaha. I have to admit, they scared me for a moment. hahhaha

The second, third and fourth pics are from our first day here, not on the pig adventure.

Attachments

• IMG_0570.JPG
    IMG_0570.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 61
oops, here are the pigs! I hope. The first one is where we were stranded for the night. We stayed in the pink cottage.

Attachments

• IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 61
More piggies! hahahaha they were so much fun! Also, some of the beautiful beaches we saw along the way!

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    IMG_0650.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 82
The first day we rented a 17 foot skiff and explored a little. Fished over in a cove at Stocking Island and caught enough grouper, snapper and yellowtail for John to eat all week. Even brought some back for the locals. I am ready for him to wake up and get another day started! More adventures to come. I guess I'll have to give him till 9, eh' he is on vacation, right?

Attachments

• IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 81
Just heading out for a week to exhibit and try to sell some woodwork. It's been awhile since I've been out on the highway.

Catch y'all later.

Jay

Attachments

• img101.JPG
    img101.JPG
    987.2 KB · Views: 4
Car is washed and vacuumed, I'm packed and will boogie after I shower, eat and top off the gas tank. My new jazz CD's are loaded in the CD player and I'll be cruising in style in about an hour. Butch might have to break his diet in order to take me to that killer breakfast buffet near him tomorrow morning. ;)

From there I'll figure out my next stop. Something between Alexandria LA and the Grand Canyon. 8)

No, I'm stopping. I'm in Ocala right now, stopped for a late lunch. If I drive straight through I'd be at your place at 2am, so I'm taking my time.

I like this wifi stuff! :P

Back