Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Less than two weeks, and I'm heading to the Dominican Republic. Going for a wedding which should be pretty cool because we've never been on vacation with 30 people before. Went shopping toady,stocked up on sunscreen and reading material and new bathing suits. Learned a thing or two about cigars considering I'll be in a place famous for the things, also brushing up on my blackjack skills and my espanol. Super psyched about this one.:D

Less than two weeks, and I'm heading to the Dominican Republic. Going for a wedding which should be pretty cool because we've never been on vacation with 30 people before. Went shopping toady,stocked up on sunscreen and reading material and new bathing suits. Learned a thing or two about cigars considering I'll be in a place famous for the things, also brushing up on my blackjack skills and my espanol. Super psyched about this one.:D

Whatever! Glad you have your priorities straight..........:/:

Cool, DR should be a great trip.

One more week and I'm outta Hong Kong. I'm going to mainland China for a week or so, probably Wu Tai Shan, and then back to the States. I'll have a one week layover in Hawaii and then on to the mainland for some roadtripping to visit friends and family. I'm planning on staying in New Mexico with friends for most of the summer. After that, who knows?

I'll have to change my title thingy back to "Unemployed..."

Gigi, my job at the Arboretum in Hawaii was the best, but there was just no way that I was going to ever be able to own a home, much less any property larger than a tiny residential lot. Condo living just isn't my style. So yes, it is back to the mainland for me.

I'm not sad about it, though, the United States has plenty of beautiful places to offer. I'm seriously thinking about buying property near my friends in the New Mexico mountains. They live at around 8000 feet, and the surrounding National Forest is really nice, full of ponderosa pine, doug fir, spruce, etc. Making a living might be tricky, though, especially with the economy looking like it's turning downwards. I'll be patient and see what works out.

Good luck, Leon. I thought your HK gig was a bit longer lasting. No wonder you weren't too concerned with learning the language.

About an hour south of Taos. Near Penasco, if that means anything to you.

Speaking of which, I feel like I'll need to properly learn to prune temperate fruit trees if I'm living in that part of the world. I wonder if you would be amenable to me coming up and working with you for a few days on one of your orchard pruning projects. I'd be willing to work for free in return for education on apple/peach/plum/etc. tree pruning. Is that mostly done in the fall/winter?

There are a lot of apple and plum trees around at that elevation, but the larger orchards do seem to be a bit lower down. There are a lot of apple orchards in particular.

About an hour south of Taos. Near Penasco, if that means anything to you.

Speaking of which, I feel like I'll need to properly learn to prune temperate fruit trees if I'm living in that part of the world. I wonder if you would be amenable to me coming up and working with you for a few days on one of your orchard pruning projects. I'd be willing to work for free in return for education on apple/peach/plum/etc. tree pruning. Is that mostly done in the fall/winter?

Bump for Justin. :)

Well, I am offically outta here this morning. I will be without internet access for at least a week, maybe more. I'll check back in when I'm back in Hawaii in a couple weeks.

Take care everybody!

Back