Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Bodean, awsome shots! The neat thing about the date palms over there is that they use every part of it, without killing it of course.

What are they good for? Besides dates.

Of course, they eat the dates, but they use every frond for something. I will have to ask Greg on Monday, but he went on and on about how they don't waste anything.

MB, I would guess it is the edible date that would set it apart from other species. Maybe the strength of the frond.

The fan palms have a very small seed. I don't know if they are edible or not. Do they use the fronds from the date palms for roofs in their houses and such? In the film clips from Iraq you always see the palm trees look like they have been trimmed.

Later, folks! I'm heading down to my sister's place in St. Pete for the weekend, should be home Sunday night. I may or may not get online from there. If not, then I'll see you folks in a few days. :)

Rotax's Liver Treatment

I'll be off work till 1-2-08 (unless I get called in) wont be posting as much because it is hard to type when your drunk or the letters on the keyboard are blurry looking thu the bottom of a glass. I'll check in as needed. Just so I don't have to send out a million cards next year please save this.

I'm gone to climb with the Geezers in Florida, back sometime Tuesday. Y'all have fun now and stay out of trouble while I'm gone.

Off down to Boca Raton, Florida early tomorrow morning. Be good while I'm away now kids....and don't get in too much trouble. 84 and sunny at the moment. I can hear the pool chair and vodka tonic calling....

Off down to Boca Raton, Florida early tomorrow morning. Be good while I'm away now kids....and don't get in too much trouble. 84 and sunny at the moment. I can hear the pool chair and vodka tonic calling....

Hey, if you do a day trip to the keys, stop in, I am at MM 50 on the right heading down! I would love to hear your British accent! Have fun and enjoy the weather.

Back