Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Hey all! I forgot to check in and say we were going camping to Penticton for 2 weeks. We came back Saturday. My parents are at the same campground right now and I'm heading up again today with Tree Tyke. Will be back on Saturday. See you all then!

I missed you! MB and I figured you were busy with the baby.

Thanks Gigi! He does keep me busy, that's for sure. He's such a good little guy though. I'll post some new pictures when I'm back.

Hey hopefully we'll meet this Sat. Folks tell me I am fun...Or maybe
that was funny:D

Dave said he was swamped but would try to come by as well. Should be entertaining with he and I in the same place:lol:

And no, I am not wearing sandals Sat Dave:P

We took some days off Friday and Saturday to cruise north to 128 then West towards the water.

Philo, Hendy woods was cool as all get out.

Some huge trees, >7' dbh.

Infuckingcredible pictures, Deva. :thumbup: :thumbup: 8)

Seeing the West coast in person and checking out scenes like that is definitely on my short list of life goals.

edit: I just made the fourth picture my desktop, absolutely incredible.

Awesome photos Deva!

I'm heading off to the Big Island tomorrow for a weeklong vacation. Hopefully, I'll have some photos as good as Deva's when I return.

Awesome Deva, I'm heading down to Vancouver Island this week (Wednesday) and we're heading out to Tofino hope to see some nice ocean scenery. We took our honeymoon on the Oregon coast right down to northern California your pics sure remind me of that alot.

very cool Squasher. Are you stopping in cathedral grove also on the way?

That's right along the way right? You betcha wherever there is big trees I'll be stopping, want to get out and enjoy some westcoast ocean/beach time as well so there won't be any dilly dallying. I worked outta Tofino for nearly three years but haven't been back for I guess nine years now so it's gonna be cool to get down there again, rented a nice pad on the beach for a couple of nights. Tip for westcoast travellers for the same price if not less than the hotels around Long/Chesterman beach you can rent a prime private home and have the whole place to yourself.8) I can hardly wait!

Squish, I believe its between Parksville and Port Alberni isnt it?
Have fun up there, we used to go as a family when I was a teen. we stayed in half a duplex rancher for a week. it was down at the far west end of town right next to the fish plant. Pinky and Marge were the owners, too fun. Did a number of whale watching trips outta there too. My favorite time was on Hagar's whale watching trip, 15 or so people in a converted herring skiff sitting on the old wire frame lawn chairs.

Squish, I believe its between Parksville and Port Alberni isnt it?
Have fun up there, we used to go as a family when I was a teen. we stayed in half a duplex rancher for a week. it was down at the far west end of town right next to the fish plant. Pinky and Marge were the owners, too fun. Did a number of whale watching trips outta there too. My favorite time was on Hagar's whale watching trip, 15 or so people in a converted herring skiff sitting on the old wire frame lawn chairs.

Ha ha cool, ya I think you're right on Cathedral Grove there, ya we're hoping to do a whale watching tour, man I'd just love to see Julia's eyes pop out of her head if she sees a whale :O

We're heading to Corvallis Oregan for the PNW ISA Conference next Sunday. Anyone else going?

I think Willie/SOTC is. Its my busy time and I have put enough away for winter yet, so I won't be attending. I think the next one will be in Boise.

Back